1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have had 3 Panasonic head unit's and they were all 3 awsome never skiped always worked fine. i think they make really good stuff go for it :biggthump

·
Registered
355 Posts
Its a good head unit if your looking to just add a cd player, but if you looking to go all out you want an alpine, kenwood, pioneer. But for alpine your going to have to go to a store to get one because in order to have an alpine dealership you need a lot of reqirements, meaning you cant sell their products online.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was sold on it and already ordered can't wait to get it in thanx for the help

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
drsnoze said:
Its a good head unit if your looking to just add a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=cd%20player" onmouseover="window.status='cd player'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cd player</a>, but if you looking to go all out you want an alpine, kenwood, pioneer. But for alpine your going to have to go to a store to get one because in order to have an alpine dealership you need a lot of reqirements, meaning you cant sell their products online.
Well i don't agree Ihave had a few Alpine high end head unit's and they all went out after a year or two, I have a Kenwood in my stang right now and it sucks, I bought the car with it in there and if i drove the car more it would be out of there, and i have had Pioneer and they are fairly nice. You will like the Panasonic for sure :biggthump

·
Registered
355 Posts
Was it possible that you purchased them offline, or did the price seem to good to be true? All of the alpine that I have seen sound great when everything was properly tune.

I never knocked down Panasonic. I just put one in a Mazda about a month ago and it was fairly user friendly. Unlike my friends eclipse that was very unuser friendly.

You have to remember that different head units put out different power despite what they claim. So if you have aftermarket speakers that require a lot of power and are running them off a head unit that doesn’t have the proper power, it sounds like crap. But if you were to take a 4 channel amp and use that same head unit it would increase the sound quality, and if take another car with the exact same setup but with a different head unit you more than likely cant tell the difference.

And at that point it is all personal preference

Minimoto I just wanted to say I meant nothing against you or dought that your head unit crapped out. Nor am I trying to flame you or offend you in any way

·
Registered
175 Posts
Before I put the AVIC in I had the panasonic. I love it. Never had any problems, it was also cool in the fact that it had an aux input for my overhead TV monitor...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.