Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF I wanted to Change the color of my license plate lights... interior overhead console lights... and any other smaller lights.... could I paint them to my desired color? or should I get new colored lights?

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Go to pep boys and look for colored light sleeves. They come in different colors and they just slip on right over top of the bulb. That way they won't fade.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
autozone has em too. save yourself a little $$$$

D

·
0 Posts
I must advise one thing about the Bulb sleeves... Im guessing since you guys are talking about smaller lights on the truck that it probably wont have this problem but when i put Clear tail lights on my car i bought red bulb sleeves and they work kind of... but there is still a little mix of white light along with the red light when i hit the brakes and so forth...

S

·
0 Posts
I xchanged all of those lights on my truck w/ xenon blue colored bulbs from walmart for like 3 dollars a pair.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
I got all those bulbs from wal mart also, but my overhead console lights are those long hot dog lookin bulbs, and wal mart has all the bulbs in the super white ( with a blue tint ) except those. Cant find them anywhere.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 7 of 7 Posts