Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone paint their leaf springs? Im tired of looking of the rust. Did you take the leaf springs off?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
to do it right (imo) take them off, take them apart (have a psare handy so you can keep driving it if need be), get them bead blasted a,d i would use a good black epoxy paint, and the appropriate clear too.

need to do mine all over again.... :rant: still has the paint on it, but i think ill really get into it when i send the bed out to be fixed, tailgate handle flipped, painted and line-x'd. id like to box the fram in, and i plan on using some vht epoxy chassis black. stuff is great.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Anthony said:
I painted mine with rust paint using a brush

damn, thats blue alright... :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Guess maybe someday I'll have a truck with a shiney undercarrage...

I like to clean things up with a steel brush and hit em with some RustX, but I go for the SemiGloss Black look, so it just looks clean... Oh well, as I said, maybe someday! :biggthump

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hey,......

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
great......

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
idea......

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just want to paint them black, because i dont wanna take attention away from the rest of the truck. for those who took off the leaf springs, was it a pain in the ass to do this?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
as long as you paint them black it should be ok, but any other coler would be gay. you will have to go over them at leat once a year.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
easy what u call gay some people *anthony* painted their left springs colors. Just say you dont personally like it because other may

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
drsnoze said:
easy what u call gay some people *anthony* painted their left springs colors. Just say you dont personally like it because other may
LOL!!! It doesn't bug me, that's his own opinion. I ended up painting them black last year. The rust paint I used is similar to rustoleum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts