Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
You don't need to remove the springs. Just brush the paint on and mask off your bushings, etc. But regardless of what brand paint you use, make sure it's rust encapsulation paint. Any other type will just seal in the rust and eat away from inside out.

Hope this helps!!

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
to do it right (imo) take them off, take them apart (have a psare handy so you can keep driving it if need be), get them bead blasted a,d i would use a good black epoxy paint, and the appropriate clear too.

need to do mine all over again.... :rant: still has the paint on it, but i think ill really get into it when i send the bed out to be fixed, tailgate handle flipped, painted and line-x'd. id like to box the fram in, and i plan on using some vht epoxy chassis black. stuff is great.

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
Anthony said:
I painted mine with rust paint using a brush

damn, thats blue alright... :biggthump

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Guess maybe someday I'll have a truck with a shiney undercarrage...

I like to clean things up with a steel brush and hit em with some RustX, but I go for the SemiGloss Black look, so it just looks clean... Oh well, as I said, maybe someday! :biggthump

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Hey,......

· Registered
1,087 Posts
great......

· Registered
1,087 Posts
idea......

· Registered
2,027 Posts
as long as you paint them black it should be ok, but any other coler would be gay. you will have to go over them at leat once a year.

· Yes it's a lowered 4X4
1,549 Posts
drsnoze said:
easy what u call gay some people *anthony* painted their left springs colors. Just say you dont personally like it because other may
LOL!!! It doesn't bug me, that's his own opinion. I ended up painting them black last year. The rust paint I used is similar to rustoleum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.