Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to paint my sidemirrors, will regular auto paint work? how about for that black weather stripping that goes around the window, i think that is rubber?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would highly reccomend getting aftermarket mirrors. The mirrors that come stock IMO would not be a good idea to paint, reason being the textured surface that they have will not hold the paint for very long. I would check out the M3 mirrors on ebay, they are not priced to bad. As for paint on your door panel there should be a 3 letter color code for the color of your truck. I.E my yellow trucks color code is PYH, Thats the code I use when picking up paint from m,y local auto store(NAPA).

Hope this helps

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i know that. my code is pqp, and i had to get it mixed. thats the paint i was wondering if it would be ok to put on the rubber weather stripping.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the code I use when picking up paint from m,y local auto store(NAPA).

did you prep them yourself? wet sand 400grit? what did you use for primer? My mirrors come in today and I'm thinking about painting them myself. Any help would greatly be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cory said:
yeah, i know that. my code is pqp, and i had to get it mixed. thats the paint i was wondering if it would be ok to put on the rubber weather stripping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rockadaous said:
the code I use when picking up paint from m,y local auto store(NAPA).

did you prep them yourself? wet sand 400grit? what did you use for primer? My mirrors come in today and I'm thinking about painting them myself. Any help would greatly be appreciated
Yes I prepped them myself. Sand them with 400grit very well, then they are ready for paint. I would say wait a few days before you wet sand if thats what your going to do. When I did mine I decided not to wet sand them because they already were shining and looking good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts