Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I got the tires mounted up today! 265/75/16, yep they fit no rubbing! But it is close. I will have to see how it does offroad. I might trim or do a T/S lift. It drives 10 times better than it did with my old tires. I think it has to do with the fact that the old tires were so worn and abused. Also the fact that I went from a C load range to a E load range. I paid $760 out the door and will get $143 back with a mail in rebate. So paying $620 in end is a great price for a set of mud tires! They are loud on the road, but I knew that and it does not bother me. So thanks to you guys that gave me some input! Now on to some pics. It is dark so they are not the best. I'll get more in the day light.

Plenty of room out back.

The lighting makes my camber look wrong, trust me its ok. Oh and never mind the rash on the bottom of the bumper. (Stupid rocks!)

Sure is close to rubbing,but it does not.

With the wheel turned it is real close! I may trim......

Overall I think it is a decent tire!
Looks great, and you got a awesome deal on those tires!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Duranged hoe, Nice tires.... Rotate them often or they get loud. I put 5,000 miles on mine and they sounded like a bad wheel bearing. Looks pretty close to the tread on mine, mine are great in the mud, but be careful if you get hung up, they dig holes really fast.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Head up to Cow mountain (BLM land) in Hopland. some nice little trails there and not too far from you. Or the Mendocino national forest up near lake Pillsbury. some nice trails up there too. nether one is very technical though so your truck will come back in one piece. :)

·
A GUY
229 Posts
I ride quads at Cow it is about an hour from me, Penny pines is best for OHV at two hours away, we go for weekends. Pillsbury is a great place to camp and party but it is and hour out on fire road from any town, so anything goes (about 1 hour and 45 minutes from home but not too many atv trails. I plan a trip there this sunday since it is the closest snow we have. My Son has not seen before, so he will love it and I get to try my tires. I will bring a camera with me and post pics.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Its been about 6-7 years since i have been up there, so might have been some closers. But there are miles upon miles of trails and forrest service roads up there around Pillsbury. used to go deer hunting up there.

there are also some nice runs available around Indian valley res, in lake county

I lived in Santa Rosa for 14 years. Hated the town but loved the outdoor opportunities. (Only thing I miss of California)

·
A GUY
229 Posts
I lived in Santa Rosa for 14 years. Hated the town but loved the outdoor opportunities. (Only thing I miss of California)
Now I see why you know so much about the area. I just thought you were doing a bunch of online research for me. Yeah town has gone to shit. but I would never move. I love Northern California too much. I would like to end up in Sebastopol one day.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have the same tires from Pepboys but only paid $380 out the door. They were on sale for $99 and with the buy 3 get 1 free deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Duranged hoe, Nice tires.... Rotate them often or they get loud. I put 5,000 miles on mine and they sounded like a bad wheel bearing. Looks pretty close to the tread on mine, mine are great in the mud, but be careful if you get hung up, they dig holes really fast.
i've noticed this on mine and i thought it is a wheel bearing. but is it me or do dakotas go thru wheel berings really fast ? and i do need my tires rotated hope its not a wheel bering.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i've noticed this on mine and i thought it is a wheel bearing. but is it me or do dakotas go thru wheel berings really fast ? and i do need my tires rotated hope its not a wheel bering.
I havent changed mine yet (they are original, or at least the ones I bought it with), but I still have the stock rims with goodyear a/t's, so whenever I hear something strange I switch back to rule out tire noise first. I know the cheap balljoints dont like 90lb's of tire and rim so I would think that it would wear out the bearings faster. From what Ive read on here, you need to spend the extra cash on good quality bearings, otherwise these trucks will burn them up fast.

·
Registered
337 Posts
well the first time i had to replace them was at about 115k and had to do both within a week of each other and then at 145k had to do the left one again. and i only run the stock 16" rim and LT265/75/R16 mudstar radial m/t's. i also have two goodyear street tires to swap on to rule out tire noise

·
A GUY
229 Posts
the only noise I hear now is the hum from the tires! I think I F'ed up an axle in the snow last weekend though I cant find any specs on how much free play they should have?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.