Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Duranged hoe, Nice tires.... Rotate them often or they get loud. I put 5,000 miles on mine and they sounded like a bad wheel bearing. Looks pretty close to the tread on mine, mine are great in the mud, but be careful if you get hung up, they dig holes really fast.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i've noticed this on mine and i thought it is a wheel bearing. but is it me or do dakotas go thru wheel berings really fast ? and i do need my tires rotated hope its not a wheel bering.
I havent changed mine yet (they are original, or at least the ones I bought it with), but I still have the stock rims with goodyear a/t's, so whenever I hear something strange I switch back to rule out tire noise first. I know the cheap balljoints dont like 90lb's of tire and rim so I would think that it would wear out the bearings faster. From what Ive read on here, you need to spend the extra cash on good quality bearings, otherwise these trucks will burn them up fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.