Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hauling my enclosed trailer with my race bike in it from VA up to NYC. About 30 minutes away from home the engine shuts off and the CEL comes on. I luckily had my Superchips programmer with me and it said I was throwing a P2074 MAPS/TPS high airflow. I reset the CEL and turn the ignition off then back on, start the truck and start driving. About 200 feet down the road the engine shuts off again and I am getting the same CEL code.

The weird thing is the lights, etc. did not turn off. The engine shut down and the power steering pump shut down too so the truck just coasted in drive. This happened a few more times which really started to freak me out because it was pouring outside and I didn't want to pay for a tow for my truck AND the 6x12 enclosed trailer.

Long story short I managed to limp back home by keeping the engine revs fairly low but the RPMs were fluctuating from 1200 up to 2200.

I recently replaced the TPS with a part from RockAuto. I thought I was ordering an OEM part but it turns out the company that made the part was called 'OEM' and it was a piece of crap sensor. I ordered another one from RockAuto from a different manufacturer and installed it today. Everything seems to be working fine now but I was shitting bricks when it happened.

And if anyone from RockAuto reads this pull that crap from 'OEM' off of your shelves :cussing:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was hauling my enclosed trailer with my race bike in it from VA up to NYC. About 30 minutes away from home the engine shuts off and the CEL comes on. I luckily had my Superchips programmer with me and it said I was throwing a P2074 MAPS/TPS high airflow. I reset the CEL and turn the ignition off then back on, start the truck and start driving. About 200 feet down the road the engine shuts off again and I am getting the same CEL code.

The weird thing is the lights, etc. did not turn off. The engine shut down and the power steering pump shut down too so the truck just coasted in drive. This happened a few more times which really started to freak me out because it was pouring outside and I didn't want to pay for a tow for my truck AND the 6x12 enclosed trailer.

Long story short I managed to limp back home by keeping the engine revs fairly low but the RPMs were fluctuating from 1200 up to 2200.

I recently replaced the TPS with a part from RockAuto. I thought I was ordering an OEM part but it turns out the company that made the part was called 'OEM' and it was a piece of crap sensor. I ordered another one from RockAuto from a different manufacturer and installed it today. Everything seems to be working fine now but I was shitting bricks when it happened.

And if anyone from RockAuto reads this pull that crap from 'OEM' off of your shelves :cussing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts