Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my valve body out. Was exactly as described. Came out easily, accumalator plate bent and springs and pistons sticking out. Maybe this helps someone else down the road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did u ever fix the problem..I just got a 03 dakota.4.7 and it went to limp mode, don't know what to do..my first dodge

·
Registered
3 Posts
I now have the same issue as well. Difference being that I purchased the vehicle for scrap price. I have access to good parts and yes I should have just swapped trannys by now but I have to figure this one out. Input and output sensors are good. I replaced the valve body with a working one out of an 04 due to ease. Changed filters of course. Fluid levels are on the mark. Checked and verified map sensor. Even swapped out the PCM to see it that was it. It still will after driving a few minutes throw the 0733 code. The less than mechanically Inclined young man I bought this from had been driving g around town for a few months in first and second gear. My hope when I purchased it were fluid and filter change. And probably the accumulator plate. The oil pan had a big dent in it and I cannot imagine I recieved a lot of oil they the sump. The pick up left it’s scoring on the bottom of the pan. And had bent the filter. Surprisingly the fluid was not bad at all and no heavy metals in the pan. Shockingly nothing mechanical failure wise as far as visual. Can third gear bands be smoked. Isn’t this a clutch issue usually or a sensor. The sensors I used were out of my wife’s 2005. They are good. What next can I do pressure test what do I need. Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 65K mile 2003 R/T and just today I went for a drive and found that the transmission would not shift out of 2nd gear and I was stuck running at 20-30mph. The last time I drove it which was 2 days ago, everything was working and running fine. I did some preliminary research and many people have mentioned that the likely culprit is the governor solenoid and pressure switch located under the Transmission Pan and filter. I will have my mechanic look into this and update everyone.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 65K mile 2003 R/T and just today I went for a drive and found that the transmission would not shift out of 2nd gear and I was stuck running at 20-30mph. The last time I drove it which was 2 days ago, everything was working and running fine. I did some preliminary research and many people have mentioned that the likely culprit is the governor solenoid and pressure switch located under the Transmission Pan and filter. I will have my mechanic look into this and update everyone.

* UPDATE * I just picked up my vehicle and my mechanic told me he replaced the 2 solenoids along with a new filter and transmission fluid and it is now working great again !!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts