Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 DAK that I bought in May. Not long after I got it, the check engine light came on, showing P0443. I have been searching, as many of you have, for a solution.

Well, a few days ago I was searching online and came across a thread where the poster said that the EVAP Purge Solenoid was on the same circuit a the interior overhead console. I checked the fuse block in the end of the dash and found the fuse for the overhead console missing. I had pulled that fuse, since I don't have a console, and used it for my cigarette lighter. I put a new fuse in the console slot and after a couple of days and a few start cycles, the CEL is now GONE!!!!!!!:banana2: I haven't been able to hook a scanner up to it yet but it's nice not having that light staring me in the face.:woot:

If you have a P0443 code, check this fuse. It's for the overhead console, the fuse on the right end of the fuse block. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is super crazy but it totally worked!! I have a 2002 Dakota 4WD with a 4.7l V8. In addition to the check engine light with code P0443, I also had a "Service Four Wheel Drive" light and my 4WD selector switch was deactivated and I could not switch to 4WD. Thought I'd give this a try as an outside shot. My overhead console lights and such were all functioning so I doubted the idea. Pulled the 10 amp red fuse #11 which was identified as the overhead console fuse(the fuse box located in the panel covered by the driver side door when closed). Imagine my surprise to see it burned out. Replaced with the spare, reset the code and totally shocked to see both warning lights remaining extinguished and my 4WD selector switch back in operation. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts