Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 4.7 dakota that out of nowhere got the p0340 code. I drove it home fine and went to start it the next day and it wouldn't start.
I did some digging and found out that the camshaft position sensor was probably bad. I changed it. Code didnt go away and it still wont start. While i was changing the sensor I noticed oil in the connector and thought maybe it was giving a false reading to the ecu so I cut it off a wired in a new one. Same result. Still wont start.
I was then told that the crankshaft sensor could possibly cause that code as well. I changed that as well. Same result.
Checked the fuel pump relay, asd relay and they check good. Voltage on the battery is 12. 4 volts. I'm at a loss here. HELP!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

Checked all wiring from the pcm to their respective sensors. All check good. Supplied 5 volts is present in which ,can I rule out a bad pcm? I've read somewhere it could be the starter?.is that a possibility? Someone has to know something. What am I missing? I gotta get it back on the road and soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you buy an oem cam sensor or aftermarket...Dodge doesn't like aftermarket stuff...Try another sensor...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts