Dakota Durango Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Woodruff key broke off

Yep woodruff key broke off, and the ASP pulley is the old/bad one! Thanks Dj Wolf for selling me a ASP Pulley that's ruined my engine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
im having this problem now too....So, got my truck back, $2,100 on new rebuilt 4.7 motor, made it 30 miles, started stuttering, then died. now it wont start, so far i found a loose ground, still no start, engine code is P0201 Injector circuit 1 open, and P1391...not finding anything on the wires, so i check injectors, they r spraying... plugs r dry... i changed the cam sensor...so what now? im running outta options, the guy that did the motor left me high and dry, wouldnt come fix it or send a tow truck, pretty much telling me to figure it out... i dont know what to check now

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
im having this problem now too....So, got my truck back, $2,100 on new rebuilt 4.7 motor, made it 30 miles, started stuttering, then died. now it wont start, so far i found a loose ground, still no start, engine code is P0201 Injector circuit 1 open, and P1391...not finding anything on the wires, so i check injectors, they r spraying... plugs r dry... i changed the cam sensor...so what now? im running outta options, the guy that did the motor left me high and dry, wouldnt come fix it or send a tow truck, pretty much telling me to figure it out... i dont know what to check now
Wiring harness messed up?

Where did you get it rebuilt? There's a place in Garland that rebuilds them for 2000-2500, Ive heard really good things about. I'm think about taking mine there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
some ghetto ass place off Airline in north houston... and the harness looks fine.... i even tested the plug on the cam sensor after i replaced andsame thing u got...like 5 volts... so im lost as shit...gonna try the crank sensor tomorrow and look for more grounds

·
BEACH BUM
2,441 Posts
got the code again...... sensor was replaced this summer actually changed the Camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft position sensor. code popped up and went away a couple times but the truck ran. then yesterday the truck wouldnt start and the code popped up. i checked connections and was stranded with no tools (i always have a toolbox in my bed but took it out to put a set of used 33" tires in there... lol figures) basically sat in a lot waiting for a friend to come. about 20 mins past so i tried again and it fired up. still throwing the p0340 code.

so what i get from this is to check grounds, but it sounds like theres no resolve for alot of people with this

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 04 wj Jeep had the same code p0340 replaced everything... Tore it down... Busted Woodruff.... No mods on engine either. 173k mi..... Pulling a trailer at 70..... Had to pay a grand to have it towed 150mi... Smh :-\

·
Registered
432 Posts
Really depends on the amount of damage occurred.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seen you say that you tested the two outside wires for camshaft position sensor but what about the middle on that's the one sending signal to pcm try checking it at camshaft position sensor and at pcm

·
Registered
3 Posts
all three major truck components are grounded. frame to body, body to engine, engine to frame. and im sure more. there's one on your exhaust, too, goin to the body. mine is on one of the exhaust clamps after my 3rd cat and is bolted to the body under the passenger rocker panel. they're everywhere, just gotta start searchin.
I to have an identical problem. But I had a bad ECM/ECU. Had it repaired
Camshaft position sensor. I looked over the wiring and it visually looks ok. Im going to check the voltage tomorrow. Im guessing sensor,wiring, or pcm. It turns over ok and was working great right before it died with no signs other than a week ago it wouldn't start and I left it for 3 hours then it just fired up first time like nothing was wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
short in the wiring probably or something disconnected. What sensor is that for?
I have a similar problem but now it's looking like electrical issues. Mine is an 03 grand cherokee 4.0 liter engine. I actually had a bad PCM. Sent it to ISA in. Tilden , Illinois repaired& programmed to my vin& no trouble for a week or so. Didn't scan it because it died at a gas station& wouldn't start. Towed it home & started up as soon as the hook was released. Check a couple plugs & a few other things quickly. Showed classic pump problems. Sure enough it was stuck. Replaced it. Ran a bit rough for awhile then it ran fine except the odometer light went out, then the radio, overhead display froze up. Mileage is all over the place but starts right up for now. What could cause this? I'm pretty sharp when it comes to repairs but I'm nt sure about this one. They're are several possible things that could produce these problems but I never had all this at the same time.scanned it with my blue tooth which is really good if you have a good signal but I'm in. Rural areas with little or no signal. I say this for anybody that is considering a blue tooth scanner. Scanned again with my other Aurelia & said crankshaft sensor, all wheel speed sensors & ABS sensors. I have fixed& added grounds where they should be. I find it odd for all that to go bad at once. New battery but I'm checking it anyway along with alternator output. On the older trucks they used to have regulators& rectifiers on them. Do cherokees have a module that does this? To me the power isn't being distributed properly. Any thoughts on that?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts