Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7L- I recently ran into an issue where it wouldn't fire on cylinder 1 and 3. I replaced all spark plugs, all coil packs, cam shaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, etc. etc. etc. The only codes I was getting were generic misfire codes so I chased the ghost until finally I decided I would just replace try replacing the PCM. That worked.

PCM was the culprit all along. 2 days after I replaced the PCM I get a new CEL illumination. 2 new codes P0135/P0155-- Looks like I have 02 sensor problems. Not wanting to waste time chasing another ghost trying to figure out which one and why, I replaced all four 02 sensors. Drove 10 miles code is back. I am assuming this has to be a fuse/relay or a shorted wire.

Anyone have experience with this? Know where I might find the relay that powers these heated 02 sensors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly it could be a bad PCM. I've seen it before where techs thought O2s were bad. Replaced connectors Ect. And still get the same codes. Then they do a PCM and it fixes the issue. Did you get a new PCM from the dealer? It's not uncommon for new PCMs to be bad out of the box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts