• I think it is somthing else!!!!

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
Im new to the forum...my girlfriend just bought an 01 dakota quad cab with a 3.9L and 5 speed standard. It started throwing a code P0121 which is tps not communicating with the map. Then after a couple days it went away so i reset the computer and all seemed fine. Running perfect for a few days and now the light comes on again...same code P0121. It surges and loses power. VERY hard to start on a hill or under any load. BUT it is also very intermittant. It will be fine for 5 mins and then shitty again and then okay for an hour and then shitty again. Idle is fine and voltage on TPS ranges from .70-.68 at no throttle up to around 3.8...3.8 seems a little low for full throttle but ive never worked on dodges really so maybe that is normal. Im a good mechanic so any advice would be good. Thanks alot
Garrett and Crystal.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Just replace the TPS on the throttle body, which will get rid of it for good. The reason for that code is simply because the sensor is going bad. They're about $25 at any auto store. I guarantee that's the problem, it's not uncommon...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
any one else wanna second that thought. that is what i thot but i figured id ask and see what you guys would say.

Garrett

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Whiel your under the hood you might just wanna check the blinker fluid too....ha ha yes i agree with the others :biggthump

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya ive had trouble with the blinker fluid before. I hate that shit... really screws up paint. The muffler bearing is prolly shot too so ill do that while im at it. hahahaha. neway i got the new sensor today so ill reset the ecm and try that out tonite. I hope that fixes the problem so my gf well stop worrying that she bought a lemon. heheh
Garrett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts