Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No problems all winter- fall but soon as it gets hot enough for AC it’s a problem and I start overheating about 15 mins after AC is turned on. Shut the AC off and temp drops back to normal. Plz help.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
469 Posts
Does the engine run cooler with the heat turned on? Pretty sure sign of a clogged up cooling system. The AC puts a bigger load on the engine, and it brings hot air across your radiator instead of ambient air. When the engine is warmed up, put your hand on the radiator. (Or use an IR thermometer) If it's hot at the top and cooler at the bottom, time for a new radiator. At that point, go ahead and do everything -- water pump, hoses, idler, serpentine belt, thermostat, chemical flush, fresh coolant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had the same prob on my 88 and it had a new rad at the time it was the ac was out of wack but it would fog the windows up it got so cold but just like yours if it was hot outside (i live in south texas) it would get hot and that was a 4 core alum rad 160 therm and new fan and i thought it was the fan so i bought a better one and it still did it and come to find out the ac system was contaminated so if you want to see if it is that then find you a therm likeradioactive said then turn on the ac while it's parked in sun and find out how hot that a/c core is getting the only reason i'm giving this adv to ya is so you don't replace all the cooling system parts and still have the problem that would s__k and it don't cost nothing to check that first and you could probably find a local auto parts that has a therm you could use in there parking lot if it does end up being the a/c core getting to hot then find you one of the a/c guys in here to tell ya wat to do cause it could be a number of probs causing it good look i hope this helps ya

·
Registered
200 Posts
Holy shit that's the longest run on sentence in the history of run on sentences. Imagine if complete words and correct spelling were used, it'd be a run on novella. I do like how s__k is censored though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
and i'm not familare with durango's so i'm not sure but if it has an extra cooling fan far the a/c make sure it's working properly

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you have a prob with my sorry sentence structure consult that big f-t teacher in jr high that is when i discovered i'm no good at english and it don't make my truck or bike any faster so i stuck to math and social studies thanx for the simon cowel judgement lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry you were absolutly right about the sencer though i should have just wrote what i was saying sorry about that sometimes it SUCKS when you have to live with regrets lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
sorry you were absolutly right about the sencer though i should have just wrote what i was saying sorry about that sometimes it SUCKS when you have to live with regrets lol
Seriously though, it wouldnt hurt to buy a friggin perpliod. Then we dont have to decipher WTF yer talking about. That's wut they make them for. 55, check yer electric fan. Had the same problem and that was the culprit.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
469 Posts
Ok, what the hell is a perpliod?

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
99 Posts
I gave up on correcting spelling and grammar a long time ago. There's just too much to fix and not enough time. Plus, the worst offenders often don't give a shit and will never get better.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
469 Posts
Actually I googled it -- thinking a perpliod might actually be something....

·
Registered
47 Posts
[/QUOT
C'mon man! A Perpliod (Ap
C'mon man! A Perpliod (aka Purploid) is a purple reptilian dinosaur like creature that lived during the Jurassic Period. For real. Not making it up, danXdress.0pp
No, no silly! Me just jokey! Ha, ha, I make joke! Seriously though, I was trying to text the word "period", but the keys were going apeshit during my text and when I was almost done, they deleted somehow, about 5 times over along with the spastic keyboard. I couldnt finish a reply without it disappearing when i was almost done, and I can be long winded. I was lucky to get that one out. It only happened on this site. I'm thinking the SSM was deleting my texts like they did before. The problem has resolved itself, obviously. Without the intervention of the SSModerator!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I gave up on correcting spelling and grammar a long time ago. There's just too much to fix and not enough time. Plus, the worst offenders often don't give a shit and will never get better.
Looks to me like yer grammar, spelling AND punctuation are just fine. Dont give up on it. It looks like u actually have some intelligence instead of 90% of the illiterates out there. When u cant spell or use a friggin period, no matter how intelligent u may be, u (not you) look like an idiot!

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
469 Posts
I'm pretty sure he meant he gave up on correcting OTHER PEOPLE'S spelling & grammar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
^This. I used to be a grammar Nazi, but I gave up a while ago.
Oh, and I thoght he wuz reefering two heemselfy and waz triing reely hard juss too text propellerly but waz getting sick and tried of keeping up with all the dumm roolz that are unimpotent and stoopid that duznt even mater; hoo kares rite" mie bad- eye dont care if eyem lewkin illitigerate or ideeot-just ass long ass udders unasstand my wurds of wizdum-

·
Registered
113 Posts
OK HAHA it's all funny
Moving on
no reply for 2 months pretty sure problem was solved or they just hoped for (the quick fix)
It's been hot as crap just about everywhere there's no way they haven't resolved it one way or another

1 - 20 of 25 Posts