Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with their durangos in overdrive, mine seems to be missing or bogging down in od and im not sure what the problem is. I just replaced the plugs,wires, dist cap and rotor, all done correctly and the problem is still there.
I am puzzled. any ideas? :help:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This is a long shot, but it sounds like the problem developed after you changed your wires. I saw this on another forum: http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98.htm

It discusses some vaguely familiar symptoms due to spark plug wire cross-fire (spark knock, missfires, surging, torque converter engagement/disengagement ---overdrive????).

Maybe it will help. Maybe not. It looks like a cheap fix either way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem was there first, thats why I changed all that stuff. I read off my manual for the firing order. The problem isnt always there, just every now and then. Thats what has me confused...

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you think it is your overdrive then this may help. Pull your codes and see if you get P0700. This is what I got on my first D. When you step on the gas sometimes it feels like it is slipping or sluggish. I had this happen to me and my only recourse according to the dealer was a new tranny. This is because you cannot get an overdrive unit seperate from the tranny. they are integral parts of one another. :drive:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Already Discussed?

thunderchild said:
If you think it is your overdrive then this may help. Pull your codes and see if you get P0700. This is what I got on my first D. When you step on the gas sometimes it feels like it is slipping or sluggish. I had this happen to me and my only recourse according to the dealer was a new tranny. This is because you cannot get an overdrive unit seperate from the tranny. they are integral parts of one another. :drive:

I seem to remember about 3 months ago regarding this same issue. My Durango does this also mostly in the mornings initially. My thoughts and others was that the flywheel is heavy and needs to be turning. Once it's warmed-up so to speak it should be fine til you park it for a while and start it up again. If anyone disagrees my oly suggestion would be to have Chrysler see what they say about it. Minus their opinion that it needs a new tranny. To suggest that is a cop-out!

rimfire,22

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.