Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ordered my new 05 Dak. :woot:

I had a 95 Dak sport club cab and it finally bit the dust :dammit:

I would have kept it, ran good and just replaced a ton of stuff on it, new custom exhaust with flowmaster, entire brake system, new computer, waterpump, radiator, rack, fuel pump/filter etc....and then the tranny went.....hey what do I want it had almost 170K on it. Was gonna cost me almost 1500 to rebuild it so I just decided enough was enough and got the new one.

Ordered it from the factory today and found out it was quite possibly going to be a one of a kind. I ordered the ST club cab 4x2 3.7 with the 6 speed manual molten red and Uconnect in it. I wanted the manual so I don't have to pay outragiously when it goes at 170K if it does, and didn't need all the bells and whistles of the SLT. I needed reliable and comfort, not flash.....bad news is I have to wait for 6-8 weeks to get it.

Thanks for all the info and I'm sure you'll here from me again!! :moon:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Luck with the new ride. Mine is 3 weeks old and so far so good. It rides great. The dealer I went to in NJ had 135 Dakotas to pick from. It was amazing. I drove in with my 2000 Dakota CC 4x4 and drove off with a new CC Laramie. I think you made a good choice.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked it up today!!!!

:woot: Just picked up my truck today. I got the 6 speed in it and that thing ROCKS!!!!! It kicks butt over my old one with the automatic in it. I had it on the highway and looked down was doing 100 and wasn't even into 6th gear yet, dropped down to 70 shifted into 6th and was doing 1500 rpms sweet!!! Nice gas mileage, Smooth ride too. Have had a lot of compliments on the truck already with the deep molten red with the bed cover on it....and the U-connect feature on it is wild, works great and has this woman's voice that talks to you!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I'll get a pic of it up soon....

Lou

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats, man. Enjoy the new ride and get those pics up soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts