Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this post will be ok with the site administration. If it's a problem I totally understand if they delete it.

This is a post to collect nominees for an Off-Road Vehicle of the Month.

The top 3 most nominated vehicles will be put together in a post that I will make where they can go against each other in a poll. This is not an official contest like the regular Truck of the Month competition. If you're interested in making a nomination please read all of the following guidelines to help make it easier for all involved.

======================= GUIDELINES =======================

The only purpose of this post is to collect nominations. There will be another thread for any discussion of questions or comments about the process. Please do not reply to this thread with anything other than the name of the user you wish to nominate!

Anyone who replies to this post to request votes or campaign will be totally disqualified. You are welcome to campaign in the discussion thread if you want!

Only one nomination per user. If the guidelines are followed we will be able to see the total number of participants since each user will only make one reply to this thread.

Nominations will be accepted up until Wednesday (01.11.2006) at midnight EST. Any replies to the thread made after that will not be counted for the final top 3 vote.

By participating in this process it suggests that you want to see an Off-Roader in the running for the real Truck of the Month. If that's the case then hopefully you will back whoever is the ultimate winner of this little contest, even if it isn't the person you originally nominated.

========================================================

Thanks for reading, now lets get some nominations!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Since it would be unfair to nominate myself, I would nominate Art (Spawn_X). He's registered here, but hasn't been on in months or even posted here for that matter. Some might know his truck though...

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
i think its rediculous to seperate catergories, truck of the month is for everyone, i mean, t.j. keeps getting nominated. just imo, yall can all get 2gether and nominate and vote one person for TOM, but seperating is stupid, IMHO.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
im fine with it being either way...having a street TOM and then an off road TOM or just leaving it how it is. both work for me...

but ill throw a nomination out there... "studlybilly" that thing is siiiiiiiiiiick :mullet:

·
Administrator
12,185 Posts
I have always tried to provide whatever the users of this forum want - if there is sufficient support to keep this program going month after month I have no problems with it whatsoever. I'll leave it up to the masses to determine whether they want to just keep it within this forum, add it to the TOM forum, or even split the views on the main page with a street TOM and off-road TOM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I nominate bdechenzio, good lookin truck, not sure if he off-road's it though

·
GOTSWAMPERS
600 Posts
well since i too would love to see mine or any of our 4x4's on the homepage, i nominate dakolorado, because im gettin fond of the quad cabs and that is one clean ride.

·
Registered
526 Posts
01 Mudslinger said:
well since i too would love to see mine or any of our 4x4's on the homepage, i nominate dakolorado, because im gettin fond of the quad cabs and that is one clean ride.
:banana2: Thank you for the nomination.

I agree with some of the people here. I think that there should be an off-road TOM and a street or lowered TOM.

This way we can cater to people different likes. I also feel that the suspension forum needs split for lifted and lowered to cater to the needs of two different types of people. Please go vote for the lifted and lowered to be seperated.

LIFTED > :mullet:

lowered > :nxsmile:

FINAL THOUGHT: (Jerry Springer never made sense)

When I had a Jeep they were all 4x4 but with trucks thats not always the case so we need to conform to the wants and needs of forum members. Some have lowered 4x2's or awd and are lowered, some are 4x4 or prerunner 4x2's and are raised. This can help build up the boards so that noobs will know this site is more than just a lowered site. That is what I thought when I first came here. I am trying like mad to show how much fun it is to have 4x4 and lifts. I have even created a write-up website (sig) so that people can do these things themselves. There will be more such as body lift, tires, suspension lift, etc but I am trying really hard to show this community you can have a bad arse dakota with a lift. Check out my post in the multimedia displays section. http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12978

I love this community but we can do more!

From the blue collar comedy tour (revised)

You show me a 3-year-old running around a flea market in his underwear drinking Coca-Cola out of a baby bottle and I'll show you a future Dodge Dakota fan.

·
Registered
526 Posts
01 Mudslinger said:
:help: WHAT ABOUT ME :huh:
I actually think you are a better nominee than myself.

The lift rocks
You run 34's
They are loud on the street right? Are you married? My wife would kill ME!
It looks awesome.

I nominate Mudslinger. :mullet: << We Mullets have to stick together.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I like the TOM how it's already setup. It's fairgame to either side (offroaders and street trucks). I'm not biased, I nominate 4x4's too. If anyone posts photos and campaigns, they will get their name out and people will nominate you because they actually know that you exist!

On another note, I'll stick to the theme of this thread and nominate bdechenzio

·
GOTSWAMPERS
600 Posts
yea it just kinda fell away. we should get it goin again.

·
Got Mud?
299 Posts
Rendell said:
What ever happened to this?
well it's not the same one but now it looks like the one below... hey wait the one below is mine hehe :nana:

well, allthough the street guys aren't happy that the TOM could be a 4x4 :slap: , I think it's a good idea to switch it up or alternate, or one from each side of the fence...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts