Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I am looking at purchasing an 04 Durango. The only reservation I have is that it has 193,000 miles on it already. The body and interior is in really good shape, and carfax shows they hit a good number of their scheduled maintenance. My question is, on average, how dependable are these vehicles up to and beyond 200,000 miles? I realize all vehicles are different, but I assume there's enough people on here to have a decent opinion on these vehicles long turn dependability.

Thanks for any responses, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

·
Ghetto Bomber
300 Posts
Gonna assume it's a 4.7. In my experience these are either very good or they suck. Given the fact that this one's made it this far, chances are it's a good one. If you have access to service records, give them a good look -- especially for any history of overheating problems, which may not be evident from just driving it and can cause all kinds of headaches down the road. If you can't get records, maybe do a compression test as part of an overall inspection (remember to check for codes -- there are other threads here that tell you all about that). This'll reveal a lot about the engine's general health.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the dealership sold it before I was able to get back out and look at it again. There's a few more on my list to look at though, so I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Thanks again.

·
Ghetto Bomber
300 Posts
Well, the post applies to pretty much anything you might be looking at, especially if it has a 4.7. Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
It depends on what you want the truck for. If I had it to do over I would probably pass. Unless you can get it for a steal or it's super clean & fully loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts