Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some of the best places to buy tires online? ive looked at tire rack and discount tire direct, but are there better places with better pricing?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shipping was the killer for me. If the Tread Depot in Ellenwood, Ga. would have allowed customer pick up I would have bought with them.

But by the time you add shipping in I got a better price shopping locally.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what im running into myself, ive just had my share of dislikes with the local tire shop, every time ive bought tires from thwm somehow i always end up payng a special frieght charge, now the first time i bought my nittos, so yea expected a special order, but on a brand they normally sell (maxxis) well i just think is a money thing so im tryin to avoid them lol

but thanks ill look em up

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
I've bought from both Tire Rack (multiple times) and Online Tires (once). Online Tires sells pretty much everything that Tire Rack does plus a lot more. Like cheaper not so well known brands (Nexen, etc.). They're usually cheaper than Tire Rack, but their shipping is more expensive so sometimes it evens out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i looked into getting the federals like you are running but im looking for more of a all season style tire, if all else fails ill go back with nittos i can get a full set out the door for like 650 which is a lot better than i payed closer to my house,

ill try online tires too, tread depot didnt have anything i was lookin for

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Take a look at the waerehouse stores BJ's, Cosco, Sams. I have purchased from BJ's and Sams. The price were the same or better that Tire Rack etc. I was already a BJs member. Even with the 40 membership for Sams, the price of the tire was a still couple bucks better than Tire Rack. Remember with Tire Rack there is the installation cost too. With the warehouse stores, installation I think was included at BJs plus the give you a road hazard warranty with the price.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I found it was better buying locally once you factor in mounting, balancing, valve stems, free rotations, free road hazard warranty, and then special store rebates at the time. I made out like a bandit on my Michelin LTXs.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i think thats what im gonna end up doin, ive searched high and low, and still havent found a way to save enough money to make it worth the trouble, lol,

we need some tire retailers to join the site and give discounts i bet they could still make killer money by doin that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts