Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened this morning. Driving to work, someone decided to run a red light and cross route 2 in Acton, MA and get T-Boned three cars ahead of me. With the roads being cold and salt covered, there was no way I could avoid the mess and slammed into the back of a Ridgeline.

The front of the truck up to the front of the engine is crushed. The radiator is pushed up against the engine and the sheet metal is toast. The bags went off and the door was stiff to open, so the frame and/or cab may be tweaked too.

But.. I walked away with nothing more than sore knees and even in her crippled state, they were able to start her up and drive her off the road and up to the flatbed.

I'm still waiting to hear from insurance, but considering she was an 01 and the bags deployed, I'm not hopeful.

Attachments

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
wow, glad you were able to walk away. whats the deal with morons in inclement weather.

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, me too. I think it is more mass-hole driver than bad conditions. The way this light is, you would be a moron to run it even in a blizzard.

It just sucks that after hanging on to her for 10 years, I was finally in a position to start building her up into something fun.

·
Can't see me
186 Posts
That thing is totaled, guaranteed. Might as well start looking for something else to drive. I'm glad your ok though.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
thanks, me too. I think it is more mass-hole driver than bad conditions. The way this light is, you would be a moron to run it even in a blizzard.

It just sucks that after hanging on to her for 10 years, I was finally in a position to start building her up into something fun.
I hear ya man. Well you should be able to find another RC truck, then you could have a new project. Sucks to see the one youve had for so long go.

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it turns out the truck I hit managed to avoid hitting the cluster fuck ahead of it, and his insurance is ignoring the other accident in the claim they filed, so my company is accepting fault. The good news is I have $10k in liability with no deductible. The bad news is when we moved, comprehensive/collision was somehow dropped without us noticing, so I'm getting nothing for it. I even have to pay the tow bill.

So I'm halfway contemplating just towing it home and seeing what I can make of it

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
Wow, that is fucked up

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to part it out. You can have the whole thing though if come get it and pay storage and towing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts