Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the swaybars of the Dakota R/T interchangeable with the 2WD Durango? Just contacted Hotchkis to ask if they sell their front swaybar alone and the tech guy told me that they sell them as a set so the truck has a balanced suspension, that is, less oversteer and/or less understeer. They will not sell the swaybars separate. Now I'm thinking, I have the rear Hellwig swaybar but no front to match, just my factory swaybar. Just called up a local Dodge dealer and asked how much do factory Dakota R/T fronts sways run for and he said $90. That's not bad! Might as well get the whole set! And just get Energy Suspension bushings for the added performance. So if the Dakota R/T sways are interchangeable with the 2WD Durango, I'll go with that route and just return the Hellwigs. I won't be autocrossing anytime soon, so this setup will be perfect for my budget and daily driving.

Lastly, what are the thickness of the Dakota R/T sways both front and rear?

Joshua

·
Registered
170 Posts
47SLTDuRide said:
Are the swaybars of the Dakota R/T interchangeable with the 2WD Durango? Just contacted Hotchkis to ask if they sell their front swaybar alone and the tech guy told me that they sell them as a set so the truck has a balanced suspension, that is, less oversteer and/or less understeer. They will not sell the swaybars separate. Now I'm thinking, I have the rear Hellwig swaybar but no front to match, just my factory swaybar. Just called up a local Dodge dealer and asked how much do factory Dakota R/T fronts sways run for and he said $90. That's not bad! Might as well get the whole set! And just get Energy Suspension bushings for the added performance. So if the Dakota R/T sways are interchangeable with the 2WD Durango, I'll go with that route and just return the Hellwigs. I won't be autocrossing anytime soon, so this setup will be perfect for my budget and daily driving.

Lastly, what are the thickness of the Dakota R/T sways both front and rear?

Joshua
Spend the extra money, get the Hotchkis sways--- They come in both stock height and lowered... The extra strength of the sways will make your truck handle 10x as good as stock, and still have the nice ride qualitys. Less body roll is the first thing gained by doing this-- which is a majority of your handling.

Won't fix the bump steer-- but will make handling it much easier.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292

:wave:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the response, Sam. You know what I've discovered? The front swaybar on my 2WD Durango is 1 7/16"...same as the Hotchkis front swaybar. Now if you've noticed, they've beefed up their front swaybars to 1 1/2". Not sure if it's still hollow but it's 1/16" thicker and it's a little pricier. Why they made that change, I don't know why!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts