1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It is a great hobby but it takes a lot of time and even more cash to get to that point. I think I have somewhere around $800 in my 450 size heli, the 700 would be more like twice that. But what the hell, if a 5 year old can do it anyone can right? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtqT_YVfGU

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Thatr's crazy! Talk about overpowered!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a great hobby but it takes a lot of time and even more cash to get to that point. I think I have somewhere around $800 in my 450 size heli, the 700 would be more like twice that. But what the hell, if a 5 year old can do it anyone can right? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtqT_YVfGU
Know what you mean, I can fly a helicopter real good on Microsoft Flightsim, and then one day about a year ago I messed with an r/c flightsim at an r/c hobby store. R/C helicopters are not easy to fly! Thing is, the bigger heli's are easier to fly than the small ones.

How close is it to flying the real thing, compared to the r/c flightsim?

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
With a toy like that, I would most certainly, without a doubt, end up killing somebody if not decapitating my own freakin head. Looks like fun though!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Know what you mean, I can fly a helicopter real good on Microsoft Flightsim, and then one day about a year ago I messed with an r/c flightsim at an r/c hobby store. R/C helicopters are not easy to fly! Thing is, the bigger heli's are easier to fly than the small ones.

How close is it to flying the real thing, compared to the r/c flightsim?
To be perfectly honest I have found the sims to be pretty close to how the real things fly, it is obviously more nerve racking with the real thing considering a crash averages $150 though. The bigger ones are easier to fly in wind but my 450 setup is rock solid and just as easy to fly as my .30 nitro when its still out.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
With a toy like that, I would most certainly, without a doubt, end up killing somebody if not decapitating my own freakin head. Looks like fun though!
x2! thats insane looking....i had no idea they were that fast. it looks and sounds like a big fucking hornet that just got pissed off, lol.

·
A GUY
473 Posts
watching those videos makes my head hurt! That is crazy how fast that stuff moves and still stays under control!

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
Those things are pretty sweet. Flight time 6-8 minutes? I would need like 3 hours lol. Do they recharge fast? Or are there bigger batteries?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably the huge discharge by that power house of a motor. Saw a couple other videos with that same helicopter, the guy said its pretty common that it strips gears.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I get most of my stuff from http://www.readyheli.com/ they have some of the best customer service I have ever found. They do make small video cameras for them or huge video cameras that can be used to film sporting events an the like. Yes flight time is short but considering the amp draw you dont want too huge of a battery to weigh the heli down, just buy more batteries and a good charger to fly all day. Normal charge time is around an hour or so for the 2200mah packs for the 450.

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
What should I start with if I ever have money to get into this?
ya watching these vids makes me want one. i want one that can do some cool shit but if i crash it i dont want to be pissed at myself for 2 weeks lol. i would like to keep it under $300

1 - 20 of 37 Posts