Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is an interminted problem but every once in a while when accelerating its likes its bogged down and I have very little power untill I hit 3k Rpm's then it picks up and goes... It almost feels like the same when my cat was going out and the flow was blocked and I had not power but it goes away at 3k :huh:

any help would be appricated everyone :biggthump

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
u have a v6 dont u? mine does that thats why im asking. but its like once a blue moon that it does it, but when it does it, it does it bad, right till 31-33k rpm, then it kicks it though and even barks the tires when it picks back up, even in third.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DownBoi said:
u have a v6 dont u? mine does that thats why im asking. but its like once a blue moon that it does it, but when it does it, it does it bad, right till 31-33k rpm, then it kicks it though and even barks the tires when it picks back up, even in third.

Yeah I got the V-6 and its just like you said gets up on it after 3k or so.. WTF?? :huh:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
i dont know, mine did it A LOT, well not a lot, but more when my motor mounts were broken. I think my engine was actually shifted back just slightly so i wasnt getting full throttle. Pop ur hood tomorrow (or tonight if u still really feel like it) and dont turn it on or anything, but just put ur foot all the way down on the gas and see if ur throttle opens all the way. Thats one thing it could be. Other than that, i dont really know. Someone will probably chime in and just say get a V8, which im doing next year :biggthump

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DownBoi said:
i dont know, mine did it A LOT, well not a lot, but more when my motor mounts were broken. I think my engine was actually shifted back just slightly so i wasnt getting full throttle. Pop ur hood tomorrow (or tonight if u still really feel like it) and dont turn it on or anything, but just put ur foot all the way down on the gas and see if ur throttle opens all the way. Thats one thing it could be. Other than that, i dont really know. Someone will probably chime in and just say get a V8, which im doing next year :biggthump

TONIGHT? and take out of my drinking time? hell no..lol ill check it out when I detail the engine tomorrow for the truck show sat.. mine does it off and on its werid. somedays it will do it two or three times then it won't happen for a week and then only once ...I have no clue i just know that when it does it that it is fucking annoying as hell to me .. yeah me get a V8 i can't afford my insurance with the V6 :jester: :rofl:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
:jester: just dont tell em :biggthump ...It might be a whole bunch of things, maybe a loose ground to the fuel pump, maybe ur blaster coil isnt makin enough voltage, these are just guesses, but could be causes, because if the engine is charging enough juice out of the altenator until higher RPMs, it might not be sparking enough, there fore bogging. I kinda made that up, but sounds like it would make sense to me. :jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.