Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, now I'm undecided between Lambo and Suicide doors on my Dakota, So let me know what you think would look best. Please vote on my cardomain site so it's "offical" !!HERE!!

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Woot Woot I was the first one to vote..lol I say suicide man.... :biggthump

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought a lambo kit, but have decided not to put it on right now. My vote it neither... :biggthump

·
Registered
872 Posts
if your gonna go lambo, dont do the shitty ricer, getem done right the first time. They sould only come out like and inch and then go up, not come out all the way then go up

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a wicked idea...what if you took Lambo hinges, and put em where the suicide would go, so it would be a mix of both, the doors would open from the front and go back and up?!?!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
How about suicide lambo doors? :jester:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
suicide that thing man!

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N56629 said:
How about suicide lambo doors? :jester:
Read my post right before this one :biggthump

·
Registered
329 Posts
boominkota318 said:
I had a wicked idea...what if you took Lambo hinges, and put em where the suicide would go, so it would be a mix of both, the doors would open from the front and go back and up?!?!

YES YES YES!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
i say suicide is the way to go, Jackknife (LOMBO) doors are just gay.

M

·
0 Posts
Originally Posted by boominkota318

Although it is a good idea it's damn near impossible. Lambo doors work with shocks that are hidden in behind you fenders. Since you would want these to work in the opposite direction you would have to cut wholes into the back side of the door frame for the shock arms to come through and secondly you'd have tyo have enough room in between the body and the interior panelling to hide these shocks. Oh and don't forget that your door wouldn't open that way, the width of the door would be too far for the lambo shocks to bring it out therefore your door would hit off the doorframe and it would never open more than i'd say maybe 6 inches or so if that.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Definately suicide. It's not the super in thing to do right now like the lambo doors is. I think its better to be outside the lines. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Impossible? No...

Nothing is impossible, just gets expensive...

·
Registered
730 Posts
heh heh. aint that the truth.

Personally, i would go with the Lambo doors, but personally, i wouldn't have either.

I am suprised no one has said anything about this. A month or 2 ago, Truckin Magazine had a featured Dakota in it, and it had suicide doors. I can't seem to find it on www.truckinweb.com but i remember reading about it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts