Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Al'right guys, about to start modding my R/T. Basically want to get mid 13s with it all motor. Anyone in this time, could I have what mods you got. Kinda pissed a friend of mine with a 96 GMC, (Gay-Mans-Chevy) beat me on the hwy. All he had was a hyperchips programer, and a k&n cold air intake. Oh ya 180,000 miles on it!! I think something is wrong with my Dak!! Ok any ways this is what I wanna do.
52mm TB
Headers, Dont know what kind so suggestions please
1.7 hardland roller rockers
M1 2bbl Intake
possible cam
and I can buy my buddys old R/T heads and get them hoe-ed out for damn near nothing
shift kit and stall.
Sound good?? Feed back Please
Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
all them mods sound great,but at 180,000 miles refreshing the engine should be your first concern and then add those mods after that.but your still missing some parts to go 13s.a hot pcm and bigger cam.as far as your buddies heads any porting and tweaking on heads shows big gains and stock magnum heads w/headwork should support up to 330-350hp ok.just a little fyi my co-worker miced his cam in his 99 z/28 w/135,000 and lost .020 of lift on some lobes because of wear-tear.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Air Intake System
52mm Fastman or F&B Throttle Body
M1 2bbl Intake Manifold
GS Motorsports or PPH Headers
Some sort of 3" single or 2x 2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust
1.7r Roller Rockers
PCM (98-00 use Mopar PCM, 01-03 use B&G Chrysler flash)
a 2400 or 2800 stall would be helpful
4.56 gears
Sticky tires - very important!

At this point you should be in the 250-260rwhp range, and be running mid 13's. You can do heads/cam to keep N/A and go over 300rwhp, or decide whether to slap a power adder into the mix.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The GMC, what engine did he have? I had an SS walk all over me last summer and it turned out that he was sporting a built 454 pushing 475 HP.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
My Belly Pan Gasket (I belive) is leakin oil down the back of my block, thusly gettin my Starter all oily. It's now dead :cussing: :rant: (I think) becuase of it.

Anywho, if I am going to pull off the manifold, I might as well replace it with a M1. Who's got the best price on it? What all do I need for it? I don't want to have to "make things work" I want it all to bolt on...

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Holly Crap, I thought those things where alot cheaper than that. $450 seems to be about the going price. Is it really worth it? I wanna build a 408 someday, so I'll need it for that, but damn $500 is alot of money for 10 HP! Maybe I'll just fix the $15 gasket for now... :banana2:

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you’re going to keep the stock intake for a while replace the intake plenum cover with the billet cover from Hughes, it cost about $85. Once you install this new cover you will not have to worry about blowing gaskets.

You can also port match the intake to the heads and check the match with the intake and T/B. For little to nothing you can match the ports and pick up a few HP.

R

·
0 Posts
ideas

oh, yeah if i was you get long tube headers, they flow better but require a lil modifyin the exhaust

m1 intake
long tube headers
holley dual 52mm TB
True Dual Exhaust System
remove your spare tire (lose sum weight)
remove your tire jack kit (lose sum weight)
take out everything you dont used so youll be lighter and faster
get a electric fan
underdrive pulley system
m1 intake for power and less weight
smaller tires for less weight and more bottom end power
drop your tailgate more aerodynamic
msd ignition system box and coil better wires and plugs
higher flow fuel pump
new fuel injectors
throttle body spacer
ill tell you more if you message me, or i can sell you a dodge dakota bracketracer for 14,000 race ready except for needs windows and paint, but if you wanna know how o fix yours up send me a email at [email protected]

·
Registered
504 Posts
rtcustoms said:
oh, yeah if i was you get long tube headers, they flow better but require a lil modifyin the exhaust

m1 intake
long tube headers
holley dual 52mm TB
True Dual Exhaust System
remove your spare tire (lose sum weight)
remove your tire jack kit (lose sum weight)
take out everything you dont used so youll be lighter and faster
get a electric fan
underdrive pulley system
m1 intake for power and less weight
smaller tires for less weight and more bottom end power
drop your tailgate more aerodynamic
msd ignition system box and coil better wires and plugs
higher flow fuel pump
new fuel injectors
throttle body spacer
ill tell you more if you message me, or i can sell you a dodge dakota bracketracer for 14,000 race ready except for needs windows and paint, but if you wanna know how o fix yours up send me a email at [email protected]
I would drop the new injectors. Unless the old injectors are trashed installing a new set is not going to add to the HP. The PCM will adjust up to about 20%. If you go too much on the flow you will dump raw fuel into the cylinders.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys got another question, What do the "turtles" do? I mean I know they fit inside the Intake manifold, but how do they work, and where can you get them?

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can get the turtle at just about any parts outlet on the net. They do not work and the TB spacers do not work. You will get more HP from filling up with 93 then you will from these add ons.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Running 13s will set you back about $5,000 or more depending on what you go with. Try KRC and take a look at their Lightening Killer Package. It will take you to about 320 rear HP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:biggthump Cool, thanks guys! I just about have my list. Now for the purchasing part! Was going to purchase some 18s but looks like they will have to wait, rather look decent and be fast then look great and be slow!! lol, hey mopar to answer your question above, my buddy has a stock 350, the only reason he beat me is that we went top end. I pull on him a bit but with my truck cutting out at 117, he pulls from me. His programer allows him to reach like 130 or something. He wont race me from a stop though! LOL! I am going to purchase my other buddies R/T heads for like $200, get bigger valves and get them ported out. by this summer should have the rest of the beast put together! Tomarrow going to order Intake manifold and TB. Again thanks everyone! :mullet:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, nah thier clean. I was there when he took them off his R/T, I am going to have them sent to check for cracks and all. he bought some R/T performance aluminum heads. He just wants to get rid of the old ones. they are the 1.92, but going to get bigger valves and have them ported and polished. My Dads buddy runs King of the Hill here in texas and is going to do the machine work for me. He is the one who did the work on my heads on the stang. He did a awsome job. The only prob is that he takes awhile. But rather have quailty! So dont mind too much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts