Dakota Durango Forum banner

ohio dyno day?

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  nevr2fast01 
#1 ·
I was wondering if/ how many would be willing to participate in a dyno day at Big Shot Dyno 1046 North Munroe Road Tallmadge, OH 44278, i know the weather isnt exactly great out right now but they can dyno parties for a set cost and thought it would give a bunch of us a chance to run/tune. so i need to dyno anyways and wondering who else is up for it?:mullet:

#3 ·
Might be curious as to what my truck and my car are putting down. When did you have in mind?

#7 ·
how much and when?!

it might be a fun way to kill the big block Dakota!

yes, it is sad, I'm going to toss a small block in it.

it might be fun to see what it's putting down to the wheels as it sits in the engine bay. on the dyno I was able to eek out a 505 hp run, but that was "gaming" it, no air filter, 3 or 4 pulls to get the oil hot, then dumped the water and re-filled with cold water.

so, that being said--it's probably an honest 485-490 crank hp motor, but then install accessories, full exhaust, etc. and that might knock it down to 460, then drivetrain losses, down to around 375-380 to the ground would be my guess.

it'd be neat to see if that's how much i'm actually putting down, or if my rings are shot from all that starter fluid when I was trying to drive it around in 30 degree weather!:drive:

Then, drive it home and tear it apart!:mullet:

#9 ·
Dyno's are pretty cheap if all you want is numbers on a sheet of paper. the shop I used out in Dayton was $500 for an all day long engine dyno session with tuning between runs. I'm thinking they wanted like $100 to hook a vehicle up to the chassis dyno and do 3 runs with no tuning, and it takes you about an hour to finish. if you split that between people, but add in some extra time for swapping the vehicles between runs, you're at maybe $40 per vehicle per run with no discounts

#12 ·
now that I think about it the shop in Dayton might be around the same! maybe the $100 was for 3 dyno pulls on the engine dyno with no tuning between, the higher fee for the engine dyno is due to having to hook everything up--exhaust, fuel, ignition, flywheel, starters, etc.

chassis dyno you just drive up to the rollers, strap it down and 5 minutes later you're making pulls.

#22 ·
Saturday 19 March is good for me. The schedule might change, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.