Dakota Durango Forum banner

offroad bumpers

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Tony.vot 
#1 ·
Has anyone ordered any bumpers from TAG "Tactical Armor Group"? Got a 05 dak and looking for any reviews and actual pics to see what others think about it.

#2 ·
That bumper has been discussed on another forum, stay away. Below is a first hand experience from a member who bought one for his 2006 Dakota. He had sold it soon afterward.

DONT BUY THAT WINCHER BUMPER - I did and it was a Waste of money ... they promised it done in 3 months and it took 6. I got the bumper in and it wouldnt even fit the truck. mounts were off center and too low so it would hit the fender/headlights/grill before lining up to the holes. It was completely hollow with the mountings only held on by one 3/16x4 plate, no cross bracing, no real support .. I had to gut it and Mod it just to get it to bolt in place, welds were crap and sloppy and cuts uneven .. we basically used it as a outer template .. but with all the time extra money and Work that went into it we could have built it cheaper and better. glad I didnt have to pay a Shop to Fix & Install it (combined my buddy and I put in about 15hrs+ to get it like it is now including paint)

soon after I paid for the bumper but before it was built the company changed Names and the link I had to that site is no longer active. they used to be Kershaw mountain or something like that .. now is TacticalArmor I think ... my advice ..Just Stay Away - have someone local custom build you one

#5 ·
I signed into the forum today looking for this answer... LOL

I'm looking to replace the rear bumper with something more rugged. Unfortunately I can't find anything. Does anyone make a worth-while rugged rear bumper for our gen Dakota?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
There are no off road bumpers, front or rear, available for our Dakotas, except for that TAG POS bumper posted above. Westin makes a powder coated rear bumper, but it's just a stock looking bumper in black. My rear bumper is just a stock one painted in bed liner, nothing off road or too rugged about it. I would love to find a local shop to make me custom front and rear bumpers.

#8 ·
if it helps generate ideas, I just finished this front bumper for my '02 Dak. I used 1.75", 1.5", and 1.25" tubing. Rear bumper will be a winter time project

- Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.