·
Registered
12 Posts
Name: Chris C.

Year: 2001

Lift: 3" keys Front, 2" Blocks rear

Gears: 3.55

Tires/Size: 265/75R16 General Grabber AT2

Plans you have for the future with your truck: K&N FIPK, Headman Headers, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, RLCWeldFab Winch Bumper, MileMarker Scout8 8000lbs winch, Custom Fab Bed rack/shooting Platform, scanner, Ham Radio Comms
I know this truck... lol

... coming from the 'other blue Dakota' in Appo. :)

We pass each other all the time along 727. I live past the high school... my son's girlfriend lives over in your neighborhood.

I'm Nathan, 38........small world. Mine is an 04, 239k.

·
Drifter
2 Posts
I know this truck... lol

... coming from the 'other blue Dakota' in Appo. :)

We pass each other all the time along 727. I live past the high school... my son's girlfriend lives over in your neighborhood.

I'm Nathan, 38........small world. Mine is an 04, 239k.

Small world indeed. Not to many Blue Dakota QC's running around Appo and fewer dakota's in general that have been taken care of. Stop by some time if your in the neighborhood, id like to take a look at your Dakota its a clean looking truck. There is another Dakota running around Lynchburg that is amazing. Its like a burnt orange sitting on what looked like 35's. All debadged...really clean look

·
Registered
12 Posts
Small world indeed. Not to many Blue Dakota QC's running around Appo and fewer dakota's in general that have been taken care of. Stop by some time if your in the neighborhood, id like to take a look at your Dakota its a clean looking truck. There is another Dakota running around Lynchburg that is amazing. Its like a burnt orange sitting on what looked like 35's. All debadged...really clean look
Will do! I know which one you are talking about..see it often going back and forth on 460.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
'02 QC 4x4 Dak, 5.9/auto

...I'll join :)

Name: Sam
Year: 2002 QC 4x4 5.9/46RE
Lift: 3"
Gears: 3.92s
Tires/Size: 33x12.5-15

I've wheeled several versions of Ramchargers and Power Wagons - last truck was a '74 crewcab Cummins Power Wagon 950 on rockwells and 46s - hella fun truck and hella fun to build, but for Colorado rock crawling ultimately it was just too big, and too custom. Couple friends had traded their full-size Dodges for Dakotas, and I decided to give that a try too. I wanted a 4-door with a bed, so a Dakota was the natural choice.

Found this really clean '02 Dakota QC about 10 minutes from my house and for a real good price - it had the 5.9 and an auto - both of which were mandatory, and it already had the basic 3" lift. It was pretty stock otherwise. We did some minor engine and transmission gasket repairs, then replaced the factory 16s with 15x8 steels and 33x12.5 KM2s, swapped the LSD rear for an open unit and dropped in an Aussie Locker, fabbed up some armor and bolted up a winch, and we've been wheeling it as often and deep as we dare take it. The plastic factory belly and engine shields have had a serious thrashin' all year long but still mostly intact. Really loving the size of the truck - perfect for the kind of wheeling we like to do.

The plans all along have been to toss 1-tons under it and bolt up a set of 40s, which will all happen over the next couple years. Will pick up a front Ford 60 and a rear 14 bolt, drop in 5.38s and Aussie Lockers in both ends. It'll get a real steering gearbox and ram-assist, maybe hydroboost. Most of the driveline will remain as-is for the foreseeable future, and if the engine ever requires a rebuild I'll be seriously tempted to drop in a 440/727 and an Atlas.

Meanwhile we're enjoying it immensely - it's the perfect sized truck for us.

okay - some pics:

Day 1 -

Side by side with the truck it replaced - "Bud" -

once lifted and SASy it'll have a stance real close to this -

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ok Sam if you're here, I'm in too :D

Name; Ed
Age; 52
Location; G'ville, Fl.
Year; 1999
Lift; Est. 12 inches (3" body, the rest somewhere in the suspension)
Gears; 4.56
Tire Size; 41.5" PBR radials
Plans; Never run out of money

Mods so far; I started with an ordinary 99 club cab Solar Yellow Dakota 4x4 with 5.2 and owned it since 2005. However sometime in 2012 I discovered severe rust in some of the body supports and one eventually failed. I decided to replace the entire cab with a 2001 Quad Cab. I also built a bed patterned after an old military Power Wagon for it. Later I decided to shove a Cummins 6BT under the hood and do a solid axle swap.

Modded the engine. Turned up the injector pump, installed bigger injectors, added a bigger turbo, installed a water-to-air intercooler and mounted a big aluminum radiator in the bed. Power goal is about 400hp and 800lb-ft of torque
Behind the Cummins is a custom 47RE, with billet single disk torque converter, deep sump pan, trans cooler and manual valve body, shifted by a B&M pro ratchet shifter
Behind the transmission is the heavy duty 241 HD. Underneath, the front axle is fully built Dana 60 with 35 spline chrome-molly shafts and stubs, Yukon super joints and warn lock out hubs. Gears are 4.56 with a Detroit Locker. Rear axle is a Dana 70U 32 spline with 4.56 and Power Lok limited slip. Rims are Hummer H1 12 bolt rims wrapped in 41.5 Pitbull Rocker Radials

Suspension is all custom. Front is coils from a 98 3500 Ram w/ V10 and custom radius arms. Rear suspension consists of a home made spring pack and custom drop down spring hangers and flipped rear shackles.

Truck is still in the construction phase. Plan to paint it OD green as a force multiplier.

Pics;

Ed

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Ok Sam if you're here, I'm in too :D

Name; Ed
Age; 52
Location; G'ville, Fl.
Year; 1999
Lift; Est. 12 inches (3" body, the rest somewhere in the suspension)
Gears; 4.56
Tire Size; 41.5" PBR radials
Plans; Never run out of money

Mods so far; I started with an ordinary 99 club cab Solar Yellow Dakota 4x4 with 5.2 and owned it since 2005. However sometime in 2012 I discovered severe rust in some of the body supports and one eventually failed. I decided to replace the entire cab with a 2001 Quad Cab. I also built a bed patterned after an old military Power Wagon for it. Later I decided to shove a Cummins 6BT under the hood and do a solid axle swap.

Modded the engine. Turned up the injector pump, installed bigger injectors, added a bigger turbo, installed a water-to-air intercooler and mounted a big aluminum radiator in the bed. Power goal is about 400hp and 800lb-ft of torque
Behind the Cummins is a custom 47RE, with billet single disk torque converter, deep sump pan, trans cooler and manual valve body, shifted by a B&M pro ratchet shifter
Behind the transmission is the heavy duty 241 HD. Underneath, the front axle is fully built Dana 60 with 35 spline chrome-molly shafts and stubs, Yukon super joints and warn lock out hubs. Gears are 4.56 with a Detroit Locker. Rear axle is a Dana 70U 32 spline with 4.56 and Power Lok limited slip. Rims are Hummer H1 12 bolt rims wrapped in 41.5 Pitbull Rocker Radials

Suspension is all custom. Front is coils from a 98 3500 Ram w/ V10 and custom radius arms. Rear suspension consists of a home made spring pack and custom drop down spring hangers and flipped rear shackles.

Truck is still in the construction phase. Plan to paint it OD green as a force multiplier.

Pics;

Ed
B E A Utiful!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name: CJ
Year: 2004
Lift: stock "for now"
Gears: 3:92
Tires/Size: stock "for now"

Plans you have for the future with your truck: