Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this problem is driving me BATTY!

I've been told it the "program" in the SBEC, but I don't buy it, I've had too many Dakotas, I've never noticed it before.

When I accelerate (WOT, 1/4 2/3 3/4 whatever) I have a little surge to 2000 RPM, flat till 2800 or so, then it picks back up.

I know the "Bell pan" gasket is dead, could this be a cause? I thought it was a TPS, wasn't that (it was old, needed replacement anywho). The only other thing I could think of was a MAP sensor...

Ideas? Concepts? Is it worth gettin the 1/8" Aluminum Replacement for a (near) stock motor?

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Interested, where do you get it? I sell Victo Reinz gaskets through Napa, I never even looked at it... Is the stock on Paper er what? Is that what causes it to go bad? Also, I've never run into this problem before, is there really a reason to mess with it? Or just fix it back to stock?

Also, Should I trim the runners like I always see??? Just cut em with a Dremel or what?

G

·
0 Posts
belly pan ... hmmm

Ok - I posted a question to the group as a new thread but this got me thinking... how exactly can you figure out your belly pan has an issue if its on the underside of your intake manifold? I feel this is probably worth looking into as his problem here is a little similar to mine. Thanks for your posts!
Pete

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Look down your throttle bores with a flashlight and look for oil. Also if your truck burns a small amount of oil it is prolly through the belly pan. Best way to fix it is to get an M1, dont bother to do the install for the stock manifold, just upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts