Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Anti-RUB
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
This has been going on for quite a while, but I've had no other problems with the tranny so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. For some reason, when my truck is cold and I go onto the highway, OverDrive won't kick in until the truck warms up (the temp gauge moves just barely into the "normal" range). Is this normal or should I be worried? I've checked the tranny fluid level (after 50 mile drive) and it is about 2 mm above the top 'dot'. I don't have any other tranny issues. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks...

· The Anti-RUB
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by "warmed up"?
I don't know what the actual tranny or engine temp is. I just noticed that OD will kick in around the time the gauge pin just enters the "normal" area of the gauge face (which only takes a couple miles at highway speeds). The outside temps aren't all that cold. Ranging from 40-60's lately.

Dont you have a diff tranny than our 4.7s
Its the stock tranny. 545RFE with stock trans cooler.

· The Anti-RUB
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Locking the TC and shifting into OD are two different things. Not sure if the OP is getting them confused or not.
I'm assuming its over drive and not the torque converter. It will run at 2k RPM's at 65MPH until it gets warm, and then will up shift (into overdrive?) and the RPM's will drop to 1.5k. Is that OD or TC?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.