Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would prevent someone with a 93RC 3.9 stick with NO options such as power windows, door locks, or cruise from changing the PCM and the wiring harness to OBD2? The trannys is nv3500 so there isn't anything plugged in to control shifting or line pressure. My big question is would the OBD2 wiring harness plug into the obd1 port on the drivers side firewall. Would I have to change the fuse box as well, since i have No options to run? I"m throwing this out there and give me your imput. I"m going to do a little reasearch. Does anyone know exactly what all the pcm controls. Do the obd2's run the same crank sensor and distributor? If i can get this figured out it would give the OBD1 guys another option instead of having to send the PCM off to certain people to have them flashed.:drive:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
its been talked about and it makes it not so worth it. its said that the whole wiring harness would have to be replaced on the entire truck. i have wiring diagrams of a 94 and a 96 and it looks to be that way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. I thought that since i have a No options truck, that i could get away with just changing the engine harness and computer. Thanks for the reply.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
there was std cab 5spd kota w/ a 5.9 that was swapped. it was up for sale here not to long ago. blue w/ graphite painted 16" alum stockers. anybody know who that was?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts