Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the wiring harness melt together for the rear o2 sensor which i have fixed the harness now. But now i get a code for the wiring harness shorted to ground for bank 1? Before i had both, than i fixed the harness on the back sensor, the front harness seems fine, didnt melt anyplace i can see. I replaced the sensor and im still getting 4.7v at idle, and the r ear is getting about 3.7 at idle. Could a defective computer cause this? Is there anyway that i can check if its a faulty computer? If i buy one and its not it, is there any chance they would take it back if i tell them i didnt use it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
where does this o2 sensor harness come out in the engine bay, and what connector on the pcm does it go to?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disconnected the plug for the front o2 sensor and checked for cont. from the 4 pins to ground, and 3 of them were reading less than 5ohms. Should they be reading a higher resistance or no?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

They will not take it back. They will know if you used it. I had the same thing happen. You must buy a new wireing harness and new rear (downstream) 02. Have dodge re-wire it for you. The wire colors are not all different and it is a bitch to figure out. The downstream sensor shares a ground with your VB in the trans and if wired wrong you will throw codes and one is a ground code. Plus you can loose first gear starts. I spent over $4,000 fixing mine (trans and all) only to learn the rear 02 had been wired wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts