Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm little befuddled by what might be wrong with my 'koda and was hoping y'all might be able to shine a little light on the situation.

My 2000 4.7 recently threw a P1038 code (O2 sensor bank 1 circuit 2), so I replaced the downstream O2 sensor.

I would have thought that would have gotten the code to go away (cleared it and it still came back) So I threw in new spark plugs, took off and cleaned the throttle body, and put in a new air filter...just for good measure.

But I'm still getting the same code, and apparently I just found out today that a P1041 is "pending" (O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2))

Not sure if it's related, but my truck has been dying a lot when I come up to red lights (when idle is low),...after it "warms up" or whatever it seems to be okay. (truck has a new battery and the alternator is fine)

So, that's everything I can think of that would be important to know...not sure if there is a short or something or how to go about getting it fixed but I would love any input/advice that y'all might have to offer.

Cheers:wave:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
gas cap? for O2 related codes? you must be thinking of evap codes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.