Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Jegs has some Casper brand extensions one if 12 in and the other is 24in, i was just wondering it anyone used these and if they fit, they look square to me instead of the oval type we have.

Im going to swap my exhaust from the 2000 to my 2001 and the PPH Ypipe has an extra bung in it but its on the passenger side so instead of welding in another one i would like to just run it to the passenger side and delete both of the pre cats in the downpipes i have now and just run a single high flow cat and ziptie the other 2 post cat o2s to the frame rail, like i did on my 2000.

God i hate emissions.. the CEL is on right now due to some o2 codes, i got to get it fixed because the inspection is up.

Unless anyone else has any ideas on how i should do this.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Caspers+Electronics/182/109210/10002/-1

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pre cat o2s and post cat o2 harnesses are NOT the same, and from what it looks like those are post cat.

The pre cat has the little things that stick out more at a 90* angle rather then 120*. Ill take a look under the cab again when its not so fucking cold and rainly outside.. god i hate winter.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The pre cat o2s and post cat o2 harnesses are NOT the same, and from what it looks like those are post cat.

The pre cat has the little things that stick out more at a 90* angle rather then 120*. Ill take a look under the cab again when its not so fucking cold and rainly outside.. god i hate winter.
I used it on my passenger side precat O2. I was able to free enough wire from the wire loom but I was not comfortable with it, so I put the extension on.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
I would say just get another bung welded in. It will probably be cheaper than the extension and is really a better solution.

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah im going to get another bung in the ypipe,

But i think i still need some extensions for the post cat o2s as i dont think i can ziptie them to the frame rail cuz they are to short..

and i think i might still need some extensions for the PPHs since they drop down further then the stock shit.. so i think ill order 2 one for each pre cat and ill try to ziptie the other 2 at the frame.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Zip tie the two post O2's and be done with it. Make sure no water or snow will hit them either, otherwise it will throw a CEL....ask me how I know...lol

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zip tie the two post O2's and be done with it. Make sure no water or snow will hit them either, otherwise it will throw a CEL....ask me how I know...lol
Im going to put the pre cat o2s in the pipe but still get extensions for them as i think they are too short for the pph ypipe, and then im going to get 2 more extensions or the post cat o2s so i have enough slack to put them on the rails and have them away from water and shit.

Did your post cat o2s have enough slack to reach the rails?

I just orderd 4 new o2s since im tossing cels right now i have to get it fixed asap to get it inspected before the meet.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Im going to put the pre cat o2s in the pipe but still get extensions for them as i think they are too short for the pph ypipe, and then im going to get 2 more extensions or the post cat o2s so i have enough slack to put them on the rails and have them away from water and shit.

Did your post cat o2s have enough slack to reach the rails?

I just orderd 4 new o2s since im tossing cels right now i have to get it fixed asap to get it inspected before the meet.
Yes, they had enough slack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts