Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying do a fluid flush on my nv3500 but i dont know what tool gets the drain plug or the plug out of the side of the transmission. Does any one know?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I highly suggest Royal Purple Synchromax that stuff is awesome in my NV3500.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I couldn't say compared to stock stuff i ran redline MTL first then swapped to Royal pruple and noticed a big difference in how much better the synchros worked, i got my NV3500 for $100 used with unknown miles soo i just put the best i could in it its been holdign up for several years now with no problems daily driving and track use.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks for the advice and for the socket info I may give it a try.
everyone has a box of bolts laying around. find a bolt with a head on it the same size as the hole. most likely a 17mm bolt head. clamp on a vice-grip to the threaded end of the bolt and bam.. insta-tool.

·
Registered
351 Posts
oh... how do you like that 408? the 5 speed up for a 408?

btw i used penzoil syencromesh (spelling?) from advance @7.99qt great stuff, my trans shifts like butter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Currently using Mopar NV3500 special goo, and it`s smooth as silk shifting....But it`s $21.50 a quart at Dodge here. Is that high or normal everywhere? Heard Royal Purple is indeed good, but is it as expensive?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That's about right.

Try your GM dealer, they run the 3500 as well. I heard it's a few dollars less there, haven't tried yet myself.

Royal Purple is a little cheaper but I can't find it locally. When I add in shipping it works out to be the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts