Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bitches come and get some
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I treed and beat a Viper to just before the 330' sensor.
I don't think he was a very good driver though; however, I still thought it was funny.

Anyway, last night I got my new best time on 20s, and my best 60' ever regardless of wheel size.

Best time on 15s: [email protected] with a 2.1563 60 ft.
New best time on 20s: [email protected] with a 2.126 60 ft.
Before the LSD, gears, and suspension, my Durango was only running [email protected] on 20s, so it's getting better.

Yeah, I know 15s are slow, but I'm just excited I've gained .6 on bigass heavy wheels. The mods list in my signature is in fact current, the motor is pretty much stock and I have a limpdick PCM.

I am really looking forward to installing all these parts I have sitting here, but I am still waiting on headers from GSM.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Not bad RLG, you got a nice set of mods specially those gears :drool:
I wonder what my truck would run in the 1/4. Theres nothing but an 1/8 track around here and thats 40 mins away. BTW whats wrong with your pcm? Is it a stocker?

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Oh yea and almost forgot what did you exhaust cutout do for ya? I bet its loud as hell but did you loose all your low end? Is it electric or manual? Any leaks?

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's manual, I'm putting on an electric one whenever I get my headers though. It doesn't leak, and it gave me a big torque increase from stock...I will upload the dyno graph that I have in a minute.

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Goddamn RLG, thats impressive. i was thinking of doing one but didnt think it would give those kind of numbers. Where do you have yours at I dont know where the best place to put em. Hows it sound?

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now I have it right after the cat, but when I get the headers installed, I am going to move it to the y-pipe. I'll see if I have a picture where it's visible, if not, I'll take one in a bit.

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it's rusty.

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and it's loud, but it doesn't sound like shit if that makes any sense. It basically sounds like an LS1 with a cutout, not like a truck with glass packs or whatever. The cabin drone is not that bad at regular cruising speeds, but I may just be used to it by now. For being as cheap as it is, it actually sounds pretty good, I don't know about the 5.2 though.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Think theres room for me to put it in front of the cat? Id have to get some 02 sims though :cussing: I think I just have the pre and post cats to worry about.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Are the compression ratios the same on the 5.2 vs the 5.9? Im not sure what an open 5.2 would sound like, cant sound to bad though.

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what it looked like before I installed it. I think it was about 10 inches long. Considering that I am putting mine where the y-pipe ends (before the cat) I would assume it would fit there for you, but don't quote me on it, I don't know how different your exhaust is from mine.

My compression ratio is pretty low 8.9:1, so a little lower than yours with 9.1:1

Attachments

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
If I go with a cutout, what size do I need? 2.5? And Id prolly go right to the electric, so whats my choices? Quicktime elec. cutout seems ok.

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What size is your exhaust piping?

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to be getting a McCord Power Plate http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm, basically what theirs does I use my existing cutout and their is a flange that bolts on, so I think they only sell the flange and not the pipes, but the pipe is only $30 from Summit or Jegs anyway.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
I think its 2.5'' Yea that mccord is the other one I was looking at. I think Ill order it today. :biggthump

·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good, let me know how it turns out whenever you get it.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Very impressive gains with the cutout, I'm a believer now, it WILL be part of my exhaust system.

You are the the person I have ever seen dyno with out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
your the heat girl :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Are those gains over a stock exhaust? Judging by the size the of the muffler in the picture, I'd say that's the stock exhaust...

I would like to try and run a cutout on a truck with a full 3" exhuast no cat... I really don't think it'd improve over a highflow exhuast that much (would it?)

For all of those with Flowmasters, I highly reccomend a cutout.. Flowmasters don't flow for SH!T! haha I love that fact!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.