Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Bad news to report. My pride and joy, my baby, my best friend has seen better days. Apparently a woman in a Honda Element (ugliest car ever) took an exception to my beautiful pickup and decided crash into it!!!!

i am so disappointed right now that words cannot fully describe.

The first vehicle i ever bought with my own money, the vehicle that i had to put a new engine in after a year due to a manufacturer's mistake, but i knew i'd have it alot longer!!!! it lasted another 6 years and go me through many a winter and help with my friend's couches, firewood and camping gear!

In the last two years i redid the clutch, differential, brakes and 1 week ago!!!! got the 4x4 working again!

i had one week of smooth driving before this!!!

uggh..... >:-O

thanks

Mike

·
9,489 Posts
Hello everyone,

Bad news to report. My pride and joy, my baby, my best friend has seen better days. Apparently a woman in a Honda Element (ugliest car ever) took an exception to my beautiful pickup and decided crash into it!!!!

i am so disappointed right now that words cannot fully describe.

The first vehicle i ever bought with my own money, the vehicle that i had to put a new engine in after a year due to a manufacturer's mistake, but i knew i'd have it alot longer!!!! it lasted another 6 years and go me through many a winter and help with my friend's couches, firewood and camping gear!

In the last two years i redid the clutch, differential, brakes and 1 week ago!!!! got the 4x4 working again!

i had one week of smooth driving before this!!!

uggh..... >:-O

thanks

Mike
Yeah that sucks, I feel you.. Just have solace in the fact that her insurance company is required to 'make you whole'.. What that means is that they either have to fix the truck to the pre-crash condition, or they have to put you in a truck in similar condition - NOT similar value.. That means if they total it and you can't find an 04 in similar condition for the value they total it for, they have to make up the difference.

They also have to put you in a rental pickup while you look.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I feel you. I have a 2000 and 188K miles - runs great - it is more valuable to me now then when I bought it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Taz, Good info!! While this is stuff we all should know, once we get into a situation like this it's very easy to forget when we're just trying calm ourselves down from what just happened.
NT- Sorry for your loss, nothing I say is going to make it any better, but definitely remember what Taz said, since she destroyed your pride and joy, wring every last dime that you're entitled too out of her and her insurance company. If you can't have your truck back, money is the next best thing.

·
Brent
51 Posts
Sorry man. Wrecks suck, but they happen, and we have to get over them and through them. People just don't pay attention these days!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts