Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 4 o2 sensors, looking to save a few bucks and swap them out as part of my over-60k service. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about non-oem manufactured O2 sensors?

Car idles roughly after warm up, with bad fuel econ. Air filter, oil change, spark plugs made little improvement if any.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
stealth said:
With 4 o2 sensors, looking to save a few bucks and swap them out as part of my over-60k service. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about non-oem manufactured O2 sensors?

Car idles roughly after warm up, with bad fuel econ. Air filter, oil change, spark plugs made little improvement if any.

ive replaced mine with aftermarket ones. havent had any problems. Funny thing was the dealer replaced 2 of them and they failed within 1 day ( long story misdiagnosed the problem) switched to a aftermarket one havent had a problem. the stock ones would of been fine also the problem was somethign completely different that was ruining the O2 sensore. one of the sensors is stock still. i wouldnt replace them unless you have a problem with them and the Check engine light will come on and tell you. even aftermarket ones are 80$
Rob

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
stealth said:
when did ya last change the cap,rotor and wires? clean the IAC and check the AIT sensor.

no need ot swap the O2`s unless ya get a CE light and the code pops up as a O2 sensor. mine lasted up to 112K miles and just reset the ECM for the codes until it was a everyday thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts