Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2002 Durango 4X4 4.7. The speedometer just quit, abs light came on and parking brake light came on. The speedometer does not work at all neither does the odometer/trip. Also the MIL light is on with a code p0501 ---speed sensor. I have replaced the speed sensors on the rear end and 2 on the transmission. fluid is full, fuses are good. It Shifts fine. The brakes are fine. Wires and connections seem to be good. I have cleared the codes and disconnected the battery everything comes back. It may be unrelated, but I recently replaced the a/c blower motor resistor, it was shorted out. A/C works fine now. I was considering maybe the ignition switch, the CTM, the abs control module, or the PCM.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, you guys have always come through for me in the past.
Have you found a fix? I'm having same problem currently with my 02 Durango SLT 4X4 4.7

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
302 Posts
Have you found a fix? I'm having same problem currently with my 02 Durango SLT 4X4 4.7
Might be worth starting a new thread, rjc, OP might not still be around on this site. But did you replace your rear speed sensor yet? I had a similar issue which was caused by a broken rear speed sensor wire harness--changed out the sensor & fixed the problem.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts