Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here. I have a 2000 Dakota Quad Cab and have no low beams. The only things that work are the daytime running lights and high beams. It has happened to me before and all I did to get them (low beams) to work was cycle the high beams a couple of times. I have replaced the headlight switch so this is not the problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Check the bulb. Dual element bulb=1 filament for lo beams+1 filament for high beams. Low beam is prolly shot

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Exactly the same thing happening here.

Low beam filament wouldn't be faulty on both lights. It's not likely to be the main light switch since cycling the high-low beam switch seems to cure the problem.

·
3,871 Posts
my dak when i first bought it wouldnt keep the high beams on and would cut off soon as they came on or a few secs lata, popped open the fuse panel in the engine and pushed down on all of the fuses etc, never happened again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately cycling the high beams does not cure it now. I have even gone as faf as to switch out all the fuses both inside and under the hood.

Nothing worse than having to take a vehicle to the dealer for an electrical problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.