Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
329 Posts
What I meant by reversing the polarity of the leads was that I think if you put your + lead on a - terminal (& vice versa) that would get you a negative reading.

But the thing about your gear indicater not showing what gear you are in: on an '02 that should be a function of the Transmission range Sensor which took the place of the park/neutral safety switch. On an earlier model with a park/neutral switch, the center terminal grounded the starter solenoid in park or neutralo which allowed the engine to start. But back to the TRS: it does transmit the gear positions to the instrument panel and I THINK it MAY also serve the same function as the P?N saftey switch in that it won't let the starter solenoid receive power in any other gears but P & N.

This is making me wonder if this may be the source of your issue?

As far as power at your fuel pump relay but your pump is not powering up, are you actually getting power coming out of that relay?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What I meant by reversing the polarity of the leads was that I think if you put your + lead on a - terminal (& vice versa) that would get you a negative reading.

But the thing about your gear indicater not showing what gear you are in: on an '02 that should be a function of the Transmission range Sensor which took the place of the park/neutral safety switch. On an earlier model with a park/neutral switch, the center terminal grounded the starter solenoid in park or neutralo which allowed the engine to start. But back to the TRS: it does transmit the gear positions to the instrument panel and I THINK it MAY also serve the same function as the P?N saftey switch in that it won't let the starter solenoid receive power in any other gears but P & N.

This is making me wonder if this may be the source of your issue?

As far as power at your fuel pump relay but your pump is not powering up, are you actually getting power coming out of that relay?
It cranks good and strong

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
329 Posts
. . . if you haven't already checked this out, here's a "NO BUS" Thread. . . .

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
329 Posts
Its grounded and its a brand new pump
Sorry, that was a slight typo--I typed 12v straight to the battery and I meant straight to the pump.
BUT, if you have 12v going straight to the pump, and the pump is sound & serviceable, and the circuit is complete (meaning power and ground), I don't understand any possible way it wouldn't operate and provide fuel pressure..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts