Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys. I own a 2003 Dakota club cab V6 2wd and went to start it in the morning and wouldn’t start. It cranks over but the fuel pump isn’t running and the odometer displays the No BUS. I’ve unhooked all of the sensors that I know are on the circuit and still no bus. All fuses and relays are ok. So I think there is a short somewhere. Can anyone point me in the direction for a wire diagram? Or maybe help me troubleshoot even further to help get this thing running again. Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I saved it. However it is for the Ram not the Dakota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Scared? We're all scared
161 Posts
Good luck. When my truck had the "no bus" error, it meant the computer was dead. I checked all fuses, wires, connections... nothing. The ECM was getting power, just not sending signals/power out....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck. When my truck had the "no bus" error, it meant the computer was dead. I checked all fuses, wires, connections... nothing. The ECM was getting power, just not sending signals/power out....
Thank you I need all the luck and prayers I can get! I have unplugged every sensor and connector I could find on the whole truck including the speedometer and still the no bus. Even unplugged the computer. The dash still says no bus. I checked the pin outs on the pcm for grounds and power where there is supposed to be and all looks good. I’ve tried watching the voltage with my dvm across pin 2 and 5 on the obd plug while I unplug any sensor I could find wanting the voltage to go up. Right now when the key is on there is only milivolts. Something is bringing it down. Should be 5-7volts. The only time I could get it up to 5 volts is if I disconnect the bulkhead? connector under the dash that is secured together with a 10mm bolt. So I think something on or in the cab is shorted to bring the voltage down. Any suggestions? Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help guys. I own a 2003 Dakota club cab V6 2wd and went to start it in the morning and wouldn’t start. It cranks over but the fuel pump isn’t running and the odometer displays the No BUS. I’ve unhooked all of the sensors that I know are on the circuit and still no bus. All fuses and relays are ok. So I think there is a short somewhere. Can anyone point me in the direction for a wire diagram? Or maybe help me troubleshoot even further to help get this thing running again. Thank you
Have you checked the ECU? I wasted alot of time and $'s on my '99 Durango replacing sensors, relays, the fuel pump module, and even some wires and it still wouldn't start. When I tried a different ECU from another '99 Durango it started immediately and is running fine now.

·
Scared? We're all scared
161 Posts
It's a slight possibility that the instrument cluster could have gone out, but if this all of a sudden started happening out of the blue, and you hadn't worked on the truck, I doubt that there's a short. If you have a buddy with a similar truck, try swapping out the ECU.

If you have a junkyard close, try finding one from a 2002 to 2004. You could even try one from a Durango. I have 2001, 1-year only model, which has a different bus type, so I can't offer help that way, or I would...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m starting to lean towards the cluster. If I do the gauge test everything works except during the sweep the mph needle never pegs out like the rest do. Don’t know if that’ll cause the no bus though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for that. I’m not sure the computer is the problem. I’m getting good voltages and grounds out of the pins that I know to check.

Also I’ve never had any problem before. Just went to start it in the morning and it didn’t start went straight to no bus on the dash. The only thing that was different that morning was my window was left down all night. And they’re manual windows lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well ordered a cluster from eBay installed it and still no bus! Damn this thing is whooping me!!! Only other thing I think it can be is the pcm. I don’t have any buddies with the same truck that I can borrow from. I just can’t figure this out. I don’t want to replace parts until I get it right. I need a sure fire way of diagnosing this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts