Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can ’t for the life of me find a single set of aftermarket headlights for my 2008 Dakota. It seems no one makes any for the 2008-2011 years because they failed to call those years gen 5 which they should have been. Headlight manufacturers just see gen 1-4 and make headlights for those but forget about the 08-11 which have completely different front ends.

Here are some headlights I found for an 06 ram that I want for my Dakota. If it comes down to it I may just buy a set and jerry rig fit them into the Dakota headlights somehow like in my photoshop here:
They’re sick. How do we get manufacturers to make some aftermarket headlights for the 2008-2011 Dakotas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same with 2G Durango (and 2.5G too I imagine!).

There was only custom order available:

Until now! Just last year these were not in the market, and I ended up buying some clear corners off of Amazon. You might want to check this brand and see if they haven’t come out with something within the past couple of months for the Dakota.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These would look so awesome. Would be like a baby ram.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope. LOL. Figures.

Sorry - I just threw the link at you. I think the Durango thing was a custom request from that company. Do you have a timeline / deadline to find a set?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry - I just threw the link at you. I think the Durango thing was a custom request from that company. Do you have a timeline / deadline to find a set?

No worries I was kidding. I can never find anything for this truck. Been keeping an eye out for years. I plan to keep her for a few more years at least. So no deadline. I might make some myself, like in the pics

·
Registered
395 Posts
The reason there is basically no aftermarket parts for the 05-11 Dakota is simple, there wasn't enough sales to justify making parts. Dakota sales were low during those years, and not many people were looking to mod their trucks. At least there were some headlights for the 05-07 models, but nothing for 08+. I modded as best I could, but for crazy mods, we are out of luck. Yeah, it's too bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The reason there is basically no aftermarket parts for the 05-11 Dakota is simple, there wasn't enough sales to justify making parts. Dakota sales were low during those years, and not many people were looking to mod their trucks. At least there were some headlights for the 05-07 models, but nothing for 08+. I modded as best I could, but for crazy mods, we are out of luck. Yeah, it's too bad.
That’s what I love most about this truck. It’s uniqueness. Even after 12 years she still turns heads everywhere I take her. I get constant questions and comments. I’ve only seen one other late model Dakota in town done up similar to mine. The 05-07s were just hideous, so when chrysler upgraded the front end design and modified the engines and interior for 2008, no one noticed or cared. These trucks had the potential to sell like crazy if if the price were lower and they were set up properly from factory... like I have mine, with a higher stance at least..

Kinda good that they’re rare and no one wants them...all the better for Dakota fans who know how to do them up right so they look/sound right.

They don’t make anything for the front ends of the 08-11s because manufacturers don’t know or care about these model years simple as that. There is definitely an aftermarket for this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully one day a headlight manufacturer will see this video I made here and feel bad and design at least one set. Fingers crossed! (Don’t worry I won’t hold my breath)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I don't think you'll have any luck finding a manufacturer to make the headlights you want. Most were made in China.

If you're going to try and retrofit a set of existing 1500 lights, you might want to try it first with junk yard factory lights, to see if it's even possible.

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think you'll have any luck finding a manufacturer to make the headlights you want. Most were made in China.

If you're going to try and retrofit a set of existing 1500 lights, you might want to try it first with junk yard factory lights, to see if it's even possible.

Ed
I have an extra set laying around. Already switched out the chrome ones for the black and grey ones. I am going to try and retrofit some myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts