Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must retract all my previos statements about the spray i was about three hours from home and had to be towed to my house ( 425.00) because i had a backfire or something all i new was it started to smoke the tires then boom this shit blew my intake manifold to pieces my H.O. intake so any way i tore it down the rest of the way took off the heads to find that 7 of my 8 pistons wore in pieces :cussing: needless to say i was pissed so now i am in the middle of pulling the engine to do a rebuild so guess what no more spray for me i will try to upload my pics of all the madness $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this sucks big time :eek:wned:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
pressurized2 said:
I must retract all my previos statements about the spray i was about three hours from home and had to be towed to my house ( 425.00) because i had a backfire or something all i new was it started to smoke the tires then boom this shit blew my intake manifold to pieces my H.O. intake so any way i tore it down the rest of the way took off the heads to find that 7 of my 8 pistons wore in pieces :cussing: needless to say i was pissed so now i am in the middle of pulling the engine to do a rebuild so guess what no more spray for me i will try to upload my pics of all the madness $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this sucks big time :eek:wned:
ummm.... ow!

How big of a shot were you running, what octane fuel, what rpm's were you at, and wtf were you doing spraying hard 3 hours from home? ;)

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SinCity R/T said:
ummm.... ow!

How big of a shot were you running, what octane fuel, what rpm's were you at, and wtf were you doing spraying hard 3 hours from home? ;)
its a 100 shot or it was 100 shot selling all that shit the only reason i sprayed was i was pulling out in traffic and my truck is heavy as shit so i wanted the extra little punch to get me going but it ended up not going to far oh and 93 octane

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
DAMN, and i though i had trouble... damn fuel pump went on me on the way home from work... :rant: sorry to hear about the motor. 100 does sound a bit aggressive though. although i dont know what all you had done on it. you could still use the spray, you just need to get the pistons and bottom end done up for it. (take all the sharp edges off the pistons too)<<<thats helps with the hot spots. any sharp egdes along with the compression...BOOM. predetonation...which you want to keep to a minimun anyways when using that nitrous. i was never a big fan of it anyways, but if you want to use it, go for it. it is a proven perfomance gain.. id rather supercharge it. :sorry:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Damn that sucks man. It is like you lost a child!

Well take this opportunity to put in a supercharged 408!

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
That sucks bro! Got pics of the motor?

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Man that sucks ... sorry to hear it bro

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all of the sympathy guys yes it does suck very bad seing as this is my daily driver i am going to be driving my friends Miata for a while it should be a funny site considering iam 6' 5 and 250 lbs iam emailing krc performance they seem to have a lot of parts for the 4.7 and i think there in Fl. anyway i will try to get the pics uploaded :cussing:

·
Registered
582 Posts
well if you're gonna be driving a miata, you better get one of those bumper stickers that says "I know what it looks like fellas, but I ain't gay" to keep down the unwanted advances.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
chester_peabody said:
well if you're gonna be driving a miata, you better get one of those bumper stickers that says "I know what it looks like fellas, but I ain't gay" to keep down the unwanted advances.
OMG!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
pressurized2 said:
thanks for all of the sympathy guys yes it does suck very bad seing as this is my daily driver i am going to be driving my friends Miata for a while it should be a funny site considering iam 6' 5 and 250 lbs iam emailing krc performance they seem to have a lot of parts for the 4.7 and i think there in Fl. anyway i will try to get the pics uploaded :cussing:
I'd recommend going onto the Delphi R/T forum (http://forums.delphiforums.com/dakotart/start) and talking to Jason Watts about his 4.7L buildup - he had a motor built up by KRC (or at least a significant quantity of parts purchased from there) for his 4.7L Turbo project, he could probably give you some idea of what parts to select and how much he paid for his setup.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Isnt it widely known that the 4.7 manifold is rear feed, and cannot be used properly with wet kits? They manifold was never deisgned to carry fuel, the front slugs go leans and BOOM.

For all you R/T owners out there, I would not let this discourage you, especially if you have an m1, they are pretty much a straight shot into the heads.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Man I am sorry to hear about your motor, but give Marty a call @KRC Performance. He is a heck of a guy and he can hook you up with whatever you need. I am in his shop a couple times a week :bow:.

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baby Hemi said:
Man I am sorry to hear about your motor, but give Marty a call @KRC Performance. He is a heck of a guy and he can hook you up with whatever you need. I am in his shop a couple times a week :bow:.
hey man where is that shop located because i e-mailed him and have'nt heard back from him also tried calling and it was busy more than likely i will sadly be going back with stock pistons cause i need my truck back i can't stand driving around this little ass Miata my leggs hurt after 10 minutes of driving cause i am so cramped :cussing:
anyway thanks for the info

·
Registered
557 Posts
Shoot me a pm with a cell # and I will do my best to get Marty to give you a call. If you know what you need for parts also just make a list so he can check on the prices. He is extrememly busy and there are only two people in the shop right now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts