Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can buy these? what model works best in an R/T? thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know that you can get them at Pep Boys for certain. But I think Autozone and O'Reilly's caries them along with NAPA.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks...i think ima get some of these...anyone have any better suggestions? or am i thinkin good...?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Justin said:
ok, thanks...i think ima get some of these...anyone have any better suggestions? or am i thinkin good...?
You are thinking right Justin. The Autolights that everyone was saying were so good aren't. They tend to desenagrate(sp?). Which is a BAD thing.

NGK all the way!

Paul

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks man...by the way, is there a specific part # for their plugs that are 1 step colder?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe its NGK V-Power ZFR5F-11G but don't hold me to that. Somebody else on here needs to answer that one. I'm running the normal heat range in mine again.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spark plugs for 5.9 R/T

Would this be the same plug for a 2K Durango R/T? I am looking at new plugs too. How about plug wires what would you recommend?

·
Registered
504 Posts
ZFR6F-11 fits the 5.9. Just about any parts store sells the NGK spark plugs. For my money the NGK is the best choice. As for the wires I went with the Taylor 8mm. They fit just like the stock wires did and they are holding up very well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put ZFR5F-11's in my '01 Durango. Made a definate difference in the start ups over the stock Champions. Not to sure about performance cause I have only had the truck for a week and have been trying to change things pretty fast since it's not my everyday car, yet. I think in '02-'03 you use the ZFR6F-11's unless you have a 180 degree t-stat. then I would get the ZFR5F-11 cause they are a cooler plug. Good luck!! I am getting the MSD 6-al ignition and MSD 8.5mm wires too.

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Justin said:
Anyone know where I can buy these? What model works best in an R/T? Thanks.
Did a Google search on the NGK ZFR5F-11 and found Spark Plugs.com that is selling them for $2.44 each in CA, no tax for me & over $1 per plug cheaper than Advance AP (local store). They ship UPS so you don't know how much shipping is until you checkout.

I buy a lot of parts at Rock Auto in Wisconsin and have had good experiences with them. They sell the ZFR5F-11 for $2.08 each, and their shipping is cheaper.

I signed up with Spark Plugs.com so I could run the numbers:

AAP: 8 x $3.59= $28.72
Tax 6%= $1.73
Total: $30.45

Sparkplugs.com: 8 x $2.44= $19.52
Shipping= $8.36 (CA to FL ground, went up to $8.89 for 16)
Total: $27.88

Rock Auto.com: 8 x $2.08= $16.64
Shipping: $6.46 (Went up to $6.76)
Total: $23.10

I will probably order a couple of sets since I have two Durangos.
For 16, you save on shippping :), but not on tax :(. Here are the shipped numbers:

AAP: $60.90
SP.COM: $47.93
Rock Auto: $40.04

1 - 10 of 10 Posts