Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some newbie questions about clear corners. Here they are

1. I found these on ebay. Will they work an my 2001 Durango? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ33708QQitemZ7993755174QQrdZ1

Will those clear corners above match my stock headlights?

2. I live in Texas and the state law say " A turn signal lamp shall emit a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle" So Does that mean I can legally put in the clear corners above?

3. How easy is it to install the clear corners? Does anyone have a step by step guide to installing them with pictures?

Thank you very much for your help. This is my first attempt at doing anything to my durango.

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Those corners will match your stock headlights.
It's really easy to install them, all you need to do is remove the little torque screw under the headlight and above the turn signal housing with a T15 I believe? put the bulbs in the new clear housing and screw it back in, 10 minute upgrade :biggthump

·
Trailer Trash
474 Posts
SSRage said:
I would buy some yellow bulbs and put them in instead of the stock white lights. That way you are covered by law.
Yep..... buy some amber lights..... i think if i remember correctly you need like 8 of them.

Again as stated above, theres a torx screw in the middle of the light cluster. thats the only thing holding the corners on.

PS, thats the seller i bought my lights from, i had him combine shipping when i bought clears for my cavalier as well :mullet:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I left the stock clear bulbs in and they look kind of amber at night.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Brymo204 said:
I have some newbie questions about clear corners. Here they are

1. I found these on ebay. Will they work an my 2001 Durango? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ33708QQitemZ7993755174QQrdZ1

2. I live in Texas and the state law say " A turn signal lamp shall emit a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle" So Does that mean I can legally put in the clear corners above?

That law does no have anything to do with using clear vs the stock yellow lens. It implies what color they illuminate. Per that quote you do not have to use yellow bulbs. In some states, the lamps must illuminate yellow. Where some jurisdictions have issues with most of the corner lamp replacements for the Dak/Durango is that they do not have amber reflectors or in the case of the diamond clear one, they do not have any reflectors. I have the diamond clears and have had no issues in NJ.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of Torx screwdriver do I need to remove the turn signals? I have heard T-15 and T-10. Which is it?

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
T-10 :biggthump

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I have one last question. Are the very corner lights supposed to blink or are the big two bulbs supposed to? Because I just put in my clear corners and when I turn my blinker on the main two bulbs blink but the small corner ones dont.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.