Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to say hi.

Also thanks for all the great info. The 4x4 was not working in the Durango so I spent several days lurking and searching the site. Found what I needed, went to the salvage yard, got the part, and now it works again.:banana2:

I do have a question though. With the area I live in we get a fair amount of snow and it is time to replace the tires. Any suggestions would be great. We are looking for something that will travel nice but still have good snow and off road capabilities. They will be mounted on the stock 16in wheels. We travel to Tioga County alot that is why I am looking for multi use tires.

·
Hunting Is Life!!
16,662 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Welcome :wave: and I got 80k off of my Goodyear Wrangler RTS's but they seem to be a little hard to come by they tell me as I finally had to replace my rears.

No problem in snow and a nice highway tire. I don't off road but i imagine they would be ok.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
...I got 80k off of my Goodyear Wrangler RTS's ...
How the hell did you get 80k out of the stock POS goodyears? Those factory RTS' had horrible traction in my experience...

Bridgestone Duelers, BFG A/T's, Cooper Discoverer H/T or ATR. All good tires. I prefer not to go with super cheap off-brands for tires...

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
welcome!!!! im from downingtown!! so its sorta close!!! i ran bf-g radial long trails and they were amazing lasted forever!!!!

·
Simple is Custom
126 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the site!!

I'm from York so I know what you mean about the snow here. Could be bad, could get nothing. :jester:

As for tires, I have General Grabber AT2's (265/70-16). I love them and will be buying them again. My opinion is kinda biased, but I think they are a great alternative to the BFG AT at about half the price!

Post some pics of your truck!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
her are some pics of the truck. First one I am taking my son to preschool, also has my WRX in it. Second one is the kids playing in the first big snow this winter.

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
love the car combo you got there!!! just need to swap the wrx front end to the 02-03 bug eyes!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no bug eye for me, I really love the hawkeye front clip but ended up with the blob eyes. I did clear them though so they look much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
welcome!! I'm from Dover pa so we are kinda close......know what you mean about snow! I just put a set of Hankook dynapro ATM's on mine and they are 200% better then the stock Goodyear SRA's! So far the Hankook's are great, great in the snow and nice ride on the highway. Not to mention the price was right on the Hankook's.

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
no bug eye for me, I really love the hawkeye front clip but ended up with the blob eyes. I did clear them though so they look much better.
yea those front ends are still growing on me but for some reason i love bug eyes when the housing is black. i guess cuz like 3 of my buddies have bug eyes

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea those front ends are still growing on me but for some reason i love bug eyes when the housing is black. i guess cuz like 3 of my buddies have bug eyes
When I took all the orange pieces out I also painted most of the chrome flat black inside the light housing. I am going to paint the supertones either silver or black this summer so the only colors on the car will be sliver and black.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:clapper:
Good to see another Durango on here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts