Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We have expanded the line of custom exhausts to the neglected 4.7 guys
and we have came up with some amazing gains..!

GS Motorsports has taken the proven Tru dual 2.5" for the 5.9 and adapted it to the 4.7 platform, this kit is aviliable in side exit with dual 3" s/s pipes and include a dr gas X pipe,hi-flow cats and a rear exit is also avilable and there is several other options

we will have the page up tonight wilth all the details

www.gsmotorsports.com

we tested the final production exhaust today and there is also a short video clip of a nearly stock 4.7 cc just frying the tires from a dead stop..!

we will be dyno testing the truck this week and posting the results

The owner of the truck was so impressed , he said it was like diving a totally different truck.

This kit is designed to hook up to stock manifolds or shorty headers and features the new Quiet street muffler

Thanks

Scott Quaranta

GS Motorsports

310-365-2607

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about the 4.7 durango?? I would be interested in the hi-flow cats, side exit, 3".

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dakota tru dual kit will fit the Durango 4.7.!
we only offer a rear exit right now .

Thanks

Scott

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that is 699 plus 55 to ship for the pipes, xpipe and dual mufflers. Exit out the rear??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually it would be 599 + 55 cause the 2.5's would be fine for me. I am not doing any major mods internally to the engine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love that clip. I got to get this. how long do you think it will take for the install?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evil, have a question for you... actually 2 questions... Will this exhaust setup work with all suspension setups for the Dak's (i.e. stock, R/T drop, DJM, Hotchkiss etc...)? And second... what all does this kit come with and what mods do I have to do with the existing exhaust (is this kit bolt on from headers back)?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The install can be done in your driveway, I would say 2hrs.....

Thanks

Scott

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The kit comes complete and mounts to the stock locations .

The kit works fine on lowered trucks we have not had any fitment issues

this kit on the 4.7 bolt directly to the stock manifolds and there are no mods necessary to run th exhaust, just un bolt the stock system and blot on the new one.

Scott

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked on your site at the 5.9 durango pics and the exhaust tips exit right were the stock pipe came out. Is that how the 4.7 version for the durango would be?? I am interested in getting this setup for my 4.7 durango. 2.5, with x pipe, no cats, loud mufflers straight back.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes..thats correct

Two out the back in the stock location

Thanks

Scott:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any idea when you are coming out with one that comes out the side location or if you are coming out with one??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also I do not want to run the cats. Is there anything that I will need to do when installing the new exhaust?? Like with the computer or anything, like will the check engine light come on or anything like that??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Without the cats on the 01-03 you will need a sim box to turn off the check engine light...

if you run the exhaust with the cats there will be no check enging light and you will set a big performance increase

with out the cats will be slightly louder and you will pick up maybe 5hp

Scott

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool I just ordered the sim box and I am going to order the exhaust off of the site.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just ordered it, I put in the comment block (on paypal) that it was for a 03 durango w/ a 4.7.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts