Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so the D is up and running again. and slowly getting the body back together. but here is a freebie i scored from a friend. the mounting hardware is the supplied hardware other than the rings i mounted it with. the truck it's made for has the mounting rings built in. these work fine though. only one pic for now, i'll get more in better light.

i am however going to be taking off the front section. it's designed for fuel jug storage but i think it just makes it a little too long.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Different

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason you don't see them around is it's damn near impossible to get this specific one. it's military gear. i got this one from work since the truck it was mounted to was sent off for demolitions. and all the parts where stripped, we had no other trucks that use this rack so it was put in the system for demolition but i was able to get it first. you can get them at military surplus when they have them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ya the fuel can rack makes it look a little long but otherwise good job. Are you going to mount lights up there as well? Street guys don't get the utility of something like that rack but I've considered one for my Dakota. :mullet:

ps Do you wheel with those 20s and if so what tires are you running?

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new pics up in first post. man i need to wash it.. allot of dirt on it still. the front section is slightly rusted, but it's gonna be removed this weekend. and the main body is still good.. no rust other than where the skyjack mounts, which i may replace anyways.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'd keep the front part if you could take it off...maybe setup a system to make it removable. Otherwise, some black paint, and the rack is fine, IMO. You need mud tires though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts