Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the whole Dakota-Durango scene, I just bought a 2001 Dodge Durango 5.9 R/T, all options, windows tinted, running boards, leather and such, 13,000 original miles, never seen rain or snow for only $15,000. Figured since I got a nice deal on a great SUV I should throw some cheap mods on for extra horsepower and torque and now am turning to you guys and your experienced expertise on add ons. After reading the posts, i figured on buying a nice set of headers, hypertech or superchips programmer, air intake system, and flowmaster exhaust. I figured for the money, each of these mods will help give me that deep V8 sound I want and the added HP and torque for a nice price. If you guys or girls have any suggestions on what I should get or any suggestions to help me out I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Chris Sheets

P.S. Will post a picture when I get a chance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got flowmaster 40's but i think if i were to do it again i would have got 40's with delta flow just my 2 cents. my 40's have a great sound at idle but turns to a dron going down the road. sounds like you got a good deal :biggthump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any Order?

After my first time post I searched the whole forum on the 5.9 and many of the mods alot of you have done, and I was wondering what your opinions would be on the first mods I should do and an order of mods after that. I am not looking to make my Durango into a "race" truck, but I would just like to add the most horsepower I can w/o going turbo/super charger... yet anyhow lol. I have the money, just need the direction. This is where you guys come in...

Thank You
Chris Sheets

·
Registered
165 Posts
cold air intake, custom pcm flash, larger throttle body, M1 manifold or modded stock manifold, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, msd ignition, headers, exhaust, 1.7 roller rockers, i'm sure some others but i can't think of them right now

·
Registered
228 Posts
what was said above then, cam, heads. depending on what you want the truck to be set up for (daily driver, towing, etc) can varry your combo. if you need some help choosing a combo and or install lemme know. have shop down here in MD, we've done a few trucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.